t8ups

Site Sponsor
Site Sponsor
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.emtuning.co.uk
Hi all,

Working on some S3 8L headlamps, they are brand new aftermarket facelift halogens which I am converting using the Morimoto projectors, oem ballasts will be retained on this setup.

So just gauging to see if there would be any interest in a group buy if I was to supply lamps, conversion so it's all swap over when they get to you and will include a new xenon kit.

For the Gb if we go ahead I'd be sending a set of lights to the USA to have brackets made to allow for plug and play of the projector swap.

Can also be bought on there own without lamps if you want to do the swap over yourself.

Trups

Reactions: Roadtrain and <tuffty/>
Ball part figure going to be £450, if we can get 10 sets then I'm happy to do that for £399. That's for housings, morimoto projectors (latest gen 7.0's) xenon bulbs and ballast with 2 year warranty. So a full fresh system to bring it back to life. Can off these with out ballast if you want to retain your oem hella ones but an adaptor will need to be added.

Paint work can be done at extra costs (I get a local body shop to do it so will be a top job)

Price includes brand new aftermarket OE lamps, no need to send any in unless you have a set that are not too old. I won't work on any old units

They sound great! Mine could do with a refresh. Id definitely be interested :)

They sound great! Mine could do with a refresh. Id definitely be interested :)

Let's wait for some more replies then, good to try get them done this summer, ready for the darker days :)

I'm going to buy a set as I need to send them to the USA for my CAD guy to make the brackets so they drop in like a charm

Reactions: shaunevo6
Just replacing one headlight is £450 from the dealers just so you can get an Idea of pricing, the OEM xenons wont perform as well as these built units either. :)

I'm interested, will these look similar to the standard lights and have a decent quality to the lenses for longevity?

Mine are a bit scruffy and have been looking into options recently.

Thanks.

I'm interested, will these look similar to the standard lights and have a decent quality to the lenses for longevity?

Mine are a bit scruffy and have been looking into options recently.

Thanks.

Hi.

they will look exactly like OEM headlights (will be the facelift lights where they are 1 unit) but will perform 10 times better.

For the Lens, they will be brand new and come with a UV coating but I can have the local body shop put a layer of clear coat on it to give you that extra if you wanted but there would be a small charge, can also do painting of internals if chrome aint your thing and again pricing can be discussed as its the body shop that do it but a full black out with prep and paint will be £100 for the pair and that could include the clear coat on the outside lens too.

Trups

Hi Trups.

Sounds great :)

Thanks for coming up with this solution to our ageing lights!!

Well i'm definitely interested, hopefully we can reach the required numbers for the group buy.

Pete.

So, reason I say 10 people is I have to have brackets made, initial costing for this is £200 for the drawings then £30 per set, so if we have 10 people the £200 can go into that and then the £30 can be included for the £450 which works for me.

I think there are 5 people so far, shall we start a list then so we know where this is going? ideally id want to get these lights built and out by the at least the middle of Aug as from September I have to take a back seat on building lights to start stocking for winter etc. the Bracket making process takes 2 weeks so id wanna get this going with some definates.

Trups

If you a definite for this please add your name.

1. Erikn89nl

Please copy and Paste

Thanks Sandra.

By counting the guys interested I count 6. The. I have had an email direct which makes 7, so if Defo guys then let's get this going, as soon as I have 10 I can make preparations for the parts I need to send to the USA for the brackets made up and then I can get the lamps ordered and start building.

Thanks

Reactions: Sandra

1. Erikn89nl
2. shaunevo6

Please copy and Paste

Reactions: t8ups and Sandra

1. Erikn89nl
2. shaunevo6
3. s3 cyp

Please copy and Paste

1. Erikn89nl
2. shaunevo6
3. s3 cyp
4. millsy75

Please copy and Paste

Trups I'm gonna send you mine separately. I have brackets in mine. Would love to get involved in this buy but can't Afford it at the moment dude! Sorry

Reactions: t8ups
That's cool.

Once I have the bracket design from the guy in the USA il, be selling them with the projectors so if anyone in the future wanted to do this mod they can.

Reactions: Gops, Sandra and Tj 0785
Why wasn't this available months ago when I decided to buy a set of Depo Headlights, strip apart and send hours of hair pulling to mount the Bi-xenon projectors...

Honestly folks.... This isn't a easy in and out task

I'm going to have to join in on this because I nearly died last night, my lights are so bad

1. Erikn89nl
2. shaunevo6
3. s3 cyp
4. millsy75
5. Dan Sheeran (email)
6. Superkarl

1. Erikn89nl
2. shaunevo6
3. s3 cyp
4. millsy75
5. Dan Sheeran (email)
6. Superkarl
7. crispynz1

I'm going to have to join in on this because I nearly died last night, my lights are so bad

You won't need to worry about that again, the morimoto stuff is the best money can buy, just the projectors are nearly £100 per set.

We should hit 10 so £390 is going to be a bargain for you guys to refresh.

Reactions: superkarl and shaunevo6
Why wasn't this available months ago when I decided to buy a set of Depo Headlights, strip apart and send hours of hair pulling to mount the Bi-xenon projectors...

Honestly folks.... This isn't a easy in and out task

Sorry Mark, I sent a set of internals I used to have off ages ago to a place in the uk and they didn't come back to me with any brackets or even the internals so sort of gave up. Now I have found a chap in the USA who is a headlight junkie like me and he does the drawings and can do 3D print and has contacts with laser cutters, so far I have got A5 pre facelift brackets as them headlight projectors are crap and also have a set been done for the C6 rs6 to mount a second projector without doing any cutting my end, (I'm trying to work more efficiently) so if any extra time I can get back I'm all for it.

Once I hit 10 I'm getting a set sent to him who will make the brackets up and test and get back to me and as we are nearly at 10 the ETA to have these out the door and with you by mid AUG still stands.

Trups

Reactions: superkarl
1. Erikn89nl LHD - EU postage
2. shaunevo6
3. s3 cyp
4. millsy75
5. Dan Sheeran (email)
6. Superkarl
7. crispynz1 NZ postage
8.tj 0785