Possible to retrofit inductive charging pre-FL

Kondax

Reaction score
Hey,

Is it possible to retrofit inductive charging on the pre-FL model?

If not, is the inner arm rest large enough to fit a wireless charging pad in, and would the USBs in the arm rest provide enough power?

I haven't picked up the car yet, so was curious if I should purchase a charging pad beforehand.

Cheers

i to would be interested in retrofitting this, so hoping someone has done it

I’m 99% positive somebody has done this on here, give the searches a go.

Correct I read the same.... its here

Jungle

Interesting. Is the MIB2 the same screen as the Tech Pack MMI+? If so, I'm sure that would bump down cost a lot.

£2,000 though.. Probably be better off sticking a wireless charging pad in the center compartment.

Actually, after further looking over the thread it seems as though it's also for fixing the antenna/aerial and AMI. I'm wondering if I could potentially do a "plug and play" simple phone box container swap, as I'm not interested in either of the other options.

Just buy the FL charging pad and tap the plus and min from 12v. If you want to connect it with the MMI, just run two wires and do some coding. Thats it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk

Just buy the FL charging pad and tap the plus and min from 12v. If you want to connect it with the MMI, just run two wires and do some coding. Thats it

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G925F met Tapatalk
Yeah, I was thinking that would be possible. I'll take a look.

I've got the Clear Mount phone holder with their wireless charger cradle (short cable from cigarette lighter to the side of the Qi charger), does the trick and costs around £50. Doesn't look too bad either.