Possible S6 upgrade.......!!!!!

Looks about right price wise, non black edition fetch less money and the high mileage.
I was offered 31k trade in with mine on 28k miles.

Just check the service schedule on it and probably should be time for it’s it’s second s-Tronic oil change too

If you can afford you won’t regret

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in the same boat as you, been monitoring what's out there for a couple of months now.

This was originally up at £28,750 beginning of Feb but they've recently reduced it. I'm after sunroof as well, but would prefer the Black Edition.

Have a test drive ;-)

Does anyone know why the S6 has an stronic box and the rs6 gets the 8 speed zf box as does the Bitdi?

Sent from my SM-G980F using Tapatalk

Does anyone know why the S6 has an stronic box and the rs6 gets the 8 speed zf box as does the Bitdi?

Good question, absolutely no idea. You'd think they would have standardised on this, maybe they had a job lot to use up.

TBH - The gearbox doesn't bother me anymore, my bigger concern is the oil strainer issues. But... It's not stopping me looking at an S6, I'm pretty sure I'll be ending up with one soon'ish.

Looks like they have reduced the price of it again? Now at £26,750?

Possibly cost, the S6 is less torque so could get away with the (I think) in house s-Tronic vs buying in the ZF 8HP BOX

Oh just for information, it’s a mis conception the RS has the same box as the Bitdi, yes they’re both ZF 8 HP boxes but ZF do 3 power levels of that box, the RS gets the higher one while the Bitdi gets the mid level one. I work with some engineers at ZF power train and had to ask

Reactions: RAF_S7 and rjwojcik
If you're really interested in going for it then make some enquiries as to whether the turbo oil screens have been done. Its a common fault and can lead to expensive replacement turbos. The oil screen is peanuts in cost but its the labour cost that makes it an expensive job

It is due to the torque limitation of the clutch pack in the DSG gearbox.

Reactions: DonkeyIce
The Mrs is a step closer to biting on this S6 game. I need some nice pictures of a subtly modified S6 Avant so I can convince her. Any examples welcome please guys

Reactions: DonkeyIce and rjwojcik
Also the car I'm looking at is grey but looks black In all of the photos.
Does anyone know what grey it will be?

Obviously not Daytona

Also the car I'm looking at is grey but looks black In all of the photos.
Does anyone know what grey it will be?

Obviously not Daytona

PM me your email, I've got a couple of old Audi brochures I can send. Does the dealer know?

It's a Mercedes dealer that is selling it so I highly doubt they know the colour but I have asked..

Ive been looking for an S4 Avant for some time, but i then wandered into looking at the S6 Avant. I too have also seen this car..... :)

However, in the end I've decided to hold out for the S4, I'm not sure I have the balls or wallet for a V8 lol. But its a lovery motor and no doubt 6/10s of an RS6 without the costs and attention.

This car is cheap because its at Mercedes, they don't want it there plain and simple, clearly a trade in. It looks a bit rough around the edges, however nothing a pro detail couldn't sort out!

If your interested I would be quick or it they will just throw it though an auction and it will be with an independent dealer a week after for £30k ! I have seen this happen....

I wouldn’t let the Slighly lower power of the s6 fool
you, costs arn’t much different to the RS in reality , it just doesn’t attract the “RS” tax at dealers

For me, fuel, tax and insurance would all be about the same, the advantage is it’s not an RS so doesn’t come with the same stigma and much less attractive to those that want them but don’t want to pay for them.
Oh and S6 is 80% RS

... and much less attractive to those that want them but don’t want to pay for them.

This is the main reason I'd rather have the S6 instead of an RS6. It's so under the radar, de-badged and it looks like your standard A6. Well, apart from the exhaust tips.

I'm also slightly concerned about issues with an S6 too. Are there any common ones?
As a I imagine most issues will be mega expensive.

Also what is the real world mpg in comparison to the 30 I get in my bitdi

I wouldn’t let the Slighly lower power of the s6 fool
you, costs arn’t much different to the RS in reality , it just doesn’t attract the “RS” tax at dealers

For me, fuel, tax and insurance would all be about the same, the advantage is it’s not an RS so doesn’t come with the same stigma and much less attractive to those that want them but don’t want to pay for them.
Oh and S6 is 80% RS

Agreed, I think the running / servicing costs will be similar to that of the RS6 but don't think they'll be extortionate.

Watched this the other day:

The only “common” issues I found when researching mine were the s-Tronic failure and oil screens, I’ve still got 18months of extended warranty left so not too concerned.
If I keep it beyond that I would do or get done the screens before a map, but that’s taking the very top of engine bits off to get to a 20p filter so might go further at that stage.
S-Tronic I had the oil done early on mine to make sure but replacement mechatronic packs are replaceable for a couple of K so as much as that would hurt it’s not life changing.
The rest seems pretty bulletproof “touch wood” like the rest of the C7 range.

It does eat tyres and rear brake pads though!

Reactions: rjwojcik
I'm also slightly concerned about issues with an S6 too. Are there any common ones?
As a I imagine most issues will be mega expensive.

Also what is the real world mpg in comparison to the 30 I get in my bitdi

The issues are rare but as said a half dent warranty will cover most things.

Real world MPG, it will do 30 on a steady run down the motorway at 70-80

Shorter journeys will see 18.
My rural drive back from work ~5miles is about 12

Mixed journeys around 22-25

Compared to my old Bitdi I was about 15mpg down on comparative journeys.

One thing to note, it does prefer the higher octane fuels (98+) with a significant boost in response and power using them, you can tell if you’ve had to do a splash and dash with standard 95

Thanks for the info mate

I think I'm talking myself out it if tbh

I love my Bitdi so much and just got it how I want it. Would be so difficult to let her go

Thanks for the info mate

I think I'm talking myself out it if tbh

I love my Bitdi so much and just got it how I want it. Would be so difficult to let her go

Yup it is a hard decision, Tbh it took a while to stop missing mine, but just starting up the S6 changes that now, it is a much more special motor.

The one big change I wasn’t expecting was how smooth the V8 is, I thought the Bitdi was a smooth engine but the NVH is 10x better in the S6.

Reactions: Buxton2901
Your not helping I'm off out to wash my baby and tell her I'm sorry for considering letting her go lol

What does the stock S6 exhaust sound like?
Does it need mods to release the full potential of the V8 rumble?

There as a lad on here that did a few YouTube's - have a search for Tom Peary.

Here's one of his vids:

There's loads of vids out there

Reactions: DonkeyIce and Buxton2901
What does the stock S6 exhaust sound like?
Does it need mods to release the full potential of the V8 rumble?

Are you getting any serious interest your A6? Folk are still being cautious?

I have had a few enquiries and one serious one from a guy who is taking about coming this weekend from derby so we'll see. Still not 100% I want to sell

If I can work out how to post a video clip I’ll add one of mine.

They don’t sound too bad for stock, a few pops and bangs. They do sound very quiet inside but that’s mainly due to the active noise cancellation.
I’ve yet to try out the VCDS adaptions to turn it off.
If I keep mine thinking of a resonator delete for some extra volume. But do like the quiet cruise when on the motorway.

There’s a few vids on u tube which do a drive bys so you can hear it in motion. The one to watch is one in the snow that seems to give the best impression for stock.

There’s lots from the US but it appears they have a black tipped exhaust which I think is a sports option ( US only)

Drop me a DM with your email address on and I’ll send a vid over (can’t be done with Sticking a small clip on u tube to link too)

Reactions: Buxton2901 and rjwojcik
Quick pic of my mildly modified S6. Maxton Design front splitter, 20" S8 Plus wheels, rear lower diffuser painted gloss black. That's about it really.

The exhaust is pretty quiet. I'm considering getting one made up by JP Exhausts in Congleton. They've quoted roughly £800-£1000 for a cat back system.

I wouldn't worry about S Tronic or oil screen problems. If it happens, it happens. All you can do is keep on top of your servicing and oil changes. I'm doing my oil this weekend and have bought a decent Liqui Moly engine flush to stick in before I drop the oil.

IMG 4471

Reactions: skiptowncat, Buxton2901, DonkeyIce and 1 other person
Quick pic of my mildly modified S6. Maxton Design front splitter, 20" S8 Plus wheels, rear lower diffuser painted gloss black. That's about it really.

The exhaust is pretty quiet. I'm considering getting one made up by JP Exhausts in Congleton. They've quoted roughly £800-£1000 for a cat back system.

I wouldn't worry about S Tronic or oil screen problems. If it happens, it happens. All you can do is keep on top of your servicing and oil changes. I'm doing my oil this weekend and have bought a decent Liqui Moly engine flush to stick in before I drop the oil.

View attachment 216459
Lovely looking car mate. Have you got a pic of the back with the rear diffuser painted? I would definitely be doing that and removing the chrome strip from the tailgate too

65219892 282D 4C72 B8DD CAEF210B14A7
Here you go buddy. Yes you’re right regards the chrome strip. It makes the back of the car look like a Vauxhall Vectra. I’ve got some fishing wire to take the strip off but not got round to doing it yet!

Gloss black diffuser looks so much better
Did you spray it yourself or get someone to do it?
I've heard some spray shops don't like doing them as it's hard to get the paint to bond to the plastic

I’m lucky that I’ve got a friend who has a garage and there is a bodyshop next door. They charged me £60 to do it but I took the diffuser off myself and gave it to them to do in their own time.