Possible new owner

martin1984

Reaction score
Not new to audi but new to A7 modle
Looking at 12>14 plate 3tdi cars all have over 100k mileage doesn't both me as do little miles I have read about checking the service history making sure its been do e on time etc
However o e thing that I have noticed quite a few cars at least 7 i have looked at o line have 5+ owners for a 10 year old car rings alarms am I missing something ?
And any general common issues I would need to watch out for
Any advice welcome
Thanks all

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Not new to audi but new to A7 modle
Looking at 12>14 plate 3tdi cars all have over 100k mileage doesn't both me as do little miles I have read about checking the service history making sure its been do e on time etc
However o e thing that I have noticed quite a few cars at least 7 i have looked at o line have 5+ owners for a 10 year old car rings alarms am I missing something ?
And any general common issues I would need to watch out for
Any advice welcome
Thanks all

Regular servicing is good yes. As for number of owners, that never concerns me in the slightest. I have had loads of fast audis and other performance cars, the only car I have ever had more than 2 years was an RS6! I looked after them all the same.

Reactions: martin1984
For me after a 100K the number of former keepers becomes less important.

My process for a high mileage car is.

If you have no previous experience of the make/model, do some research....................then do some more.
Is there access to any service paperwork/history ? Is it relevant ? What was done 5 years ago may need doing again.
Now the most important.
Does your visual inspection (interior, exterior, under bonnet) raise any concerns ?
Does your road test, always at least 15 minutes raise any concerns ?
If your confident in your ability to do the above and your happy to pay the price I don't think you can do any more.

These days it's handy to have £2000 handy for unexpected problems too. Flippin' eck, I sound like my dad, bless his soul.

Actually, if you don't do many miles, as I don't, I rarely do trips longer than 15 miles and it's only a 7 mile drive to work, you might want to reconsider getting a 3.0 litre diesel.
In my 3 months of ownership I've had the DPF light come on twice.
Diesels take forever to get warm, these things are only doing 1300/1400 rpm at 60mph, and 10/15 miles doesn't give the car time for a regen cycle.

As much as I like this car, I really should have got a petrol.

However one thing that I have noticed quite a few cars at least 7 i have looked at o line have 5+ owners for a 10 year old car rings alarms am I missing something ?

I think it's people buying them on short 2-year leases that accounts for the many owners.

Or folk use them for short journeys and find that the DPF clogs up.

The pre-facelift A7s had lower rooflines and I could not have accommodated my large adult children in the rear.

Have you considered a 2015-on facelift petrol A5?

Actually, if you don't do many miles, as I don't, I rarely do trips longer than 15 miles and it's only a 7 mile drive to work, you might want to reconsider getting a 3.0 litre diesel.
In my 3 months of ownership I've had the DPF light come on twice.
Diesels take forever to get warm, these things are only doing 1300/1400 rpm at 60mph, and 10/15 miles doesn't give the car time for a regen cycle.

As much as I like this car, I really should have got a petrol.
This is one thing I haven't really considered as I will only be doing 5/10 miles one way to work so as you say doesn't give the time to really warm up for a diesel
Thanks

I think it's people buying them on short 2-year leases that accounts for the many owners.

Or folk use them for short journeys and find that the DPF clogs up.

The pre-facelift A7s had lower rooflines and I could not have accommodated my large adult children in the rear.

Have you considered a 2015-on facelift petrol A5?
Thanks I will have a look at A5 just wanted a bit of luxury as won't be pooring on the miles once I'm at my new place of work etc