Possible Head Swap

AdzA3AGU

Reaction score
Hey Guys haven't posted in a while hope your all doing well.

I am looking at getting an S3 sometime in the future as a friend of mine may be selling his at a good price.

It's an APY engine running near 320BHP with a few mods. I am under the understanding that all S3's use Small port heads and i currently own a first gen K03 AGU which I believe is a large port head.

If I do buy it (or any s3 for that matter) id be giving the A3 to the Other Half, is it worth me swapping the heads over and getting them mapped accordingly?

Hey Guys haven't posted in a while hope your all doing well.

I am looking at getting an S3 sometime in the future as a friend of mine may be selling his at a good price.

It's an APY engine running near 320BHP with a few mods. I am under the understanding that all S3's use Small port heads and i currently own a first gen K03 AGU which I believe is a large port head.

If I do buy it (or any s3 for that matter) id be giving the A3 to the Other Half, is it worth me swapping the heads over and getting them mapped accordingly?

Basically, no... Save yourself the time money and hassle!

Reactions: AdzA3AGU
Only a mod worth doing if your chasing big numbers. Otherwise I'd have to agree with @VAG-Slag, don't bother.

His is on 550cc Injectors 4bar FPR and a 255 Pump straight exhaust with sport cat and a cold feed induction and is print out proven 320bhp would the large head and a new remap not gain a whole lot without a bigger blower then?

All you will gain from doing that is a whole lot of hassle and problems, stick with it and enjoy it :racer:

so would a nice round 350 at the fly be possible as it is with a FMIC and a new map as he has chosen to keep the stock as he feels its good enough as is

What mods do you have to get those numbers ??

BBTK418T
IE rifle drilled rods with new Badger5 supplied big end bearings
Refurbished BAM head (stem seals, valves lapped in)
Supertech inconel exhaust valves
Pro4 manifold (weak link in my opinion I wish I could find a badger5 cast manifold)
3" Turbo back exhaust
DA31 Fuel pump
Bosch 600cc injectors
Wellycooler
Dual port 50:50 Devils own water methanol injection
Badger5 Turbo intake pipe
Trackslag charge pipe with cookbot heatshield
82 degree thermostat
CG motorsports 8 paddle clutch

Erm that's all I can remember
And mapped by the best in the business @badger5

308 bhp was last year with a poorly engine which I found to be a cracked AMK head :( (hence refurbed BAM head)

Reactions: AdzA3AGU, S3AMJ and SamHendry
I've got a well looked after AGU engine available very soon. I'm stripping the rest of the car as it's my doner.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

I've got a well looked after AGU engine available very soon. I'm stripping the rest of the car as it's my doner.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

I currently own an AGU buddy so i have a head ready but looks like its not worth doing anyway.

Reactions: fanta
There is a load of information on port flow and small v's big port heads.
The difference in flow at higher valve lift between small and large port is quite impressive. However, OEM K04 runs out of puff way before then. You may see a small gain at high rpm, but you will notice loss of bottom end and mid range. I had a small port ported head by a reputable person, which offers best of both worlds. Stay small port at the level, much nicer to drive.

Reactions: fanta
I have around 460whp with a small port haha. Torque does start dropping at higher rpms but hp remains the same.

202f5aa6f67c0427ad35f83cd64ef12a.jpg

Getting more boost to see how close to 500 I can get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have around 460whp with a small port haha. Torque does start dropping at higher rpms but hp remains the same.

202f5aa6f67c0427ad35f83cd64ef12a.jpg

Getting more boost to see how close to 500 I can get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thats AWESOME Good luck with the build

...with a turbo that can provide the puff at high rpm!

Reactions: Jenno007 and AdzA3AGU