Possible engine mount issue

Stu-pid

Reaction score
After noticing an annoying creaking on the front end and changing all the arms, today I've done the arb bushes and noticed the n/s eingine mount looking abit deflated from the top with red stuff weeping out of the bottom of it. Could this be the creaking issue

Possibly, this will be the hydro mount - I believe they stiffen up at higher speeds, the red stuff will be the fluid leaking, so best to replace it anyway.
I have just replaced one of mine funnily enough.
May be worth replacing the front snub mount too - they are only a few quid.

Yeah I could see the snub one cracking slightly. Where did you get your engine mount from?

I've got B5 RS4 mounts for mine, bought from the dealer (cheaper elseware but for some stupid reason I was rushing), far as I know they don't have the liquid so are solid all the time and will not need replacing, also stiffer so may mean the car shakes more and they don't have the plug for the ECU so will throw up a code in vag-com, but yeah supposed to be decent haven't fitted yet though.

So you don't need a mount with a connection on then. I'll just get some febi mounts then seen as that's what my arms and arb bushes are.

I've only got a code reader not vag-com I will plug it in later. I've not got a eml on

No codes but my reader only reads dtc's

Hi had same engine mount fault on my a6 but when scanned it come up with engine mount solenoid cant remember code
mount was best part of £200 then labour but when fitted felt smoother

I'm going to change it I've got a shake on tick over that's getting worse plus it's leaking red fluid out of it. Going to change the front snub bush too as that's showing signs of deterioration.

if its bad on idle you wont be disappointed on end result

Reactions: Stu-pid