possible boost leak

Hi mate just rang Essex turbos and they said they can rebuild my turbo for £425 and it has a 2 year gaurentee and will be 3-4days they collect repair and then return it? You can however get a Chinese turbo like a replica one off ebay for around £150-200 dunno what to do

I wouldn't have the balls to fit a cheap Chinese turbo but that's me , you could potentially kill your engine with one, I would personally try to source a good second hand turbo , at least you don't have the hassle of sending your turbo off to get refurbed ect..

yea i wouldn't want to use a Chinese one the guy at the garage has checked everything and said theres a bit of play in the turbo but nothing major so he said he thinks thats what's making the noise but not 100% sure? Is there anything else it could be?

yea i wouldn't want to use a Chinese one the guy at the garage has checked everything and said theres a bit of play in the turbo but nothing major so he said he thinks thats what's making the noise but not 100% sure? Is there anything else it could be?

do they
have an actuator pipe? Could that be it? Would a hole in the exhaust do it? How the hell can fitting a dump valve cause so much trouble! I'm mates with the guy that sold me the car in December and he said there was no problems with it when he sold it so just unsure as to what it could be!

just picked the car up and they told me it drives perfect apart from the whistle they qouted me £410 labour and id have to provide the turbo from Essex turbos which is £425 with a 2 year gaurentee? Does this seem good? The guy said there isn't much play in the turbo and when I mentioned the actuator pipe they didnt seem to think that would cause the problem as it would throw up errors? Could this be the case? Would this cause it? If not is minimal play in the turbo the likely cause? Also if so how long should I expect it to last before. It goes pop? Thanks jon