Possible blown turbo. Help

Reaction score
Car is a face lift S3 manual 70k on clock it's running stage 2+ It's got hardcut and launch mapped in which has helped it along I think lol, anyways was driving hit hard cut limiter in second went to third very down on power when I Rev it it sounds abit like a drill and no boost. Got home checked all boost hoses etc fine.
Car drives fine just no boost ps the cars off the road until been fixed now. Any help ?

Scanned it for codes? Light come on the dash?

You need to get it logged to be honest.

Whether it's a software or hardware issue isn't going to be possible to say without that.

You've done the obvious things like checking the hoses as those do have a tendency to pop off.

What was the intention with a hard cut rev limiter?
Mine uses a different approach with soft cut and only hard cut if you try to ignore the soft cut.

You need to get it logged to be honest.

Whether it's a software or hardware issue isn't going to be possible to say without that.

You've done the obvious things like checking the hoses as those do have a tendency to pop off.

What was the intention with a hard cut rev limiter?
Mine uses a different approach with soft cut and only hard cut if you try to ignore the soft cut.

On the subject of hard cut, what is the benefit? Apart from sounding good when you hit it lol.

One other thing.... Where is the limit set?

Turbo failure usually shows itself with clouds of oil smoke.

If as you say,the car now "sounds like a drill",it's possible you've damaged something else,which only an engineer and data logging will determine.

The thing that would concern me a bit is your use of a hard limiter only....this means you're taking the engine to that limit every time you change gear,and at that point power and torque are cut abruptly.
No doubt you get a bit of a bang from the exhaust,but the point of soft limiters is to avoid those abrupt changes in load,which can be damaging.

What is ideal is to have a soft limiter set a few hundred rpm below the maximum,to reduce torque and power,before you reach the absolute maximum.
Also,if someone has raised the rpm limit,and installed hard cut only software,on stock valve gear,that's a recipe for trouble.

Reactions: downtothebone and Sayam
You need to go back to the engine mapper and have them check all is well with their work. If it is I would guess they have vcds as well to further investigate.