Facelift PORT HOLD QUESTION - RS3

Ben Palmer

Reaction score
I have been hearing/reading a lot about the RS3 getting held at port in USA for months due to software updates. Among the forums people have said that updates were made available this month (March) and cars are staring to leave port for dealer. Now, my question is, could this happen to me?

Order date = January 31st 2018
Projected date to arrive at dealer = June 10th 2018

Since they seem to have come out with this software update, will my RS3 already be updated during production in Germany so there will be no port hold? Also, are there other reasons why they could get stuck in port?

I live in Chicago, Illinois and my Audi will be shipped from Germany to Houston, Texas.
Thanks for any info group! :)

If there was any truth in that and the car hasn’t been built, shouldn’t be an issue because the factory would update.

I have been hearing/reading a lot about the RS3 getting held at port in USA for months due to software updates. Among the forums people have said that updates were made available this month (March) and cars are staring to leave port for dealer. Now, my question is, could this happen to me?

Order date = January 31st 2018
Projected date to arrive at dealer = June 10th 2018

Since they seem to have come out with this software update, will my RS3 already be updated during production in Germany so there will be no port hold? Also, are there other reasons why they could get stuck in port?

I live in Chicago, Illinois and my Audi will be shipped from Germany to Houston, Texas.
Thanks for any info group! :)

I read about that on another site......

Seems they where uploading new ECU software at the port to a batch of new cars.........]

Maybe they've identified an issue with factory upload.

Is this an emissions related issue for the port hold. Pops and bangs with unburnt fuel into the catalytic converter screwing up acceptable emissions especially for California? Audi wary of "Dieselgate"?