Porshe cayenne 6 pot calipers 18z carriers

Went to fit mine today and the adapters foul the hub, did anyone else find this? There's a casted "ridge" along the edge of the hub that it hits. Bit of a downer.

hi Guys, sorry to post on an old thread, but went to line up my new cayenne z18 calipers up this afternoon and the caliper seem to have too much clearance and i have say 10-15 mm pad gap in the middle of the disc and overhang on the outside of the disc. anyoneelse done this or are the brackets the wrong way round - just didnt seem to fit the other way, unless i got the grinder out? ?
anyone who has done this that can advise please?
New Calipers shrunk

hey darrell, i don't know if this will apply directly because i have the bigger 17r/l callipers...
mine have around a 5mm gap in the centre of the disc, but line up perfectly on the outer edge, worth getting a machine shop to take them down a few mm?

The gap in the centre of the disc is fine... but... the top of the pad should be flush with or slightly below the outside of the disc... got a pic of that?

<tuffty/>

if i reverse the bracket that will take it in, but i would need to grind a bit off of the hub, i didnt think i needed to do that.

See my post at the top of this page? I had to grind that lip back slightly too. It appears some hubs have it and some don't.

The 17Z and 18Z calipers share the same outer dimensions. The mounts are the only difference. The 17Z have larger pistons. 18Z will have less pedal travel than the 17Z as a result.

They tend to be for the mk5/6 models. My bet is he has the brackets round the "other" way. Lee, the guy that designed the original adapters, made them to work with 350mm and 334mm discs but obviously getting r32 discs in 350mm diameter isn't easy. Compbrake used to sell them apparently. I reckon you could get 350mm under a 17" rim based on the clearance I have.

Yep had bracket wrong way round. Adjusted the lip. . . And now a nice fit. Though wish I'd read that 350 mm discs fitted. Anyone know the torque for the caliper to bracket when fitting these calipers or just use the 125nm that audi quote for standard calipers?

Please allow me to dig this up.

I am building an A3 1.8T Quattro and for the brakes I am ready to install:

FRONT: cayenne 18z + 334 r32 rotors (using creationmotorsport brackets)
REAR: cayenne 4 pot with 312mm rotors (the ones that come stock on the front of the S3) with Fabless Manufactering Bolt on Kit
FM-MK4-R32-MK1-TT-Installed-Rear-BBK.png

All is well until wheel clearance. I have a set of 17" and 18" TTRS replicas (ET35 instead of original ET33). Some people have fitted 18z under original S3 17" but with 20mm spacers.
2012_08_08_14_53_53_IMAG0352.jpg

I would prefer to keep 17" but have no problem with using 18". The issue is side clearance as anything requiring over 10mm spacer puts the wheel way out on the A3.

1. Can anyone confirm that for example Bimoto wheels would allow for clearance, no spacer required?
2. Has anyone used a bigger rotor to move the caliper more to the outside and so clearing more space from the TTRS spokes? If so what was the minimal spacing achieved?

REAR: cayenne 4 pot with 312mm rotors (the ones that come stock on the front of the S3) with Fabless Manufactering Bolt on Kit

All is well until wheel clearance. I have a set of 17" and 18" TTRS replicas (ET35 instead of original ET33). Some people have fitted 18z under original S3 17" but with 20mm spacers.

I would prefer to keep 17" but have no problem with using 18". The issue is side clearance as anything requiring over 10mm spacer puts the wheel way out on the A3.

1. Can anyone confirm that for example Bimoto wheels would allow for clearance, no spacer required?
2. Has anyone used a bigger rotor to move the caliper more to the outside and so clearing more space from the TTRS spokes? If so what was the minimal spacing achieved?

I had 356mm discs, Comp brakes 6pots under 17inch tt Ronals on my a3 quattro with no spacers was a really tight fit, so flap disc on the grinder and ground a few mil off the calliper.
This pic is on the s3 as the don't have one when they were in my a3 but same wheels
201aaa77f58996462478d8e7f9b367c6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

got a 1:1 mockup from MTM for the 18" bimoto. now its ust a matter of printing and checking if it all fits. I have no clue if I can share it so until then I cannot post it.

How was the pedal with this set up ??

I will let you know once I have the car on the road and all installed. This is actually a showcase car so all this will video recorded and on youtube. As for the 18z itself our we figure the same as everyone reports. smaller pistons than 17z so no chnage on pedal feel. thre is also the reference to the T5 master cylinder and we ordered one to test as well.

Reactions: Goubo1
You will get longer travel with the 18z but it's not massive. Piston area is larger than stock by 18% or so from memory. I posted the numbers in the brake thread.

You will get longer travel with the 18z but it's not massive. Piston area is larger than stock by 18% or so from memory. I posted the numbers in the brake thread.

Yeah I'm pretty happy with my 18z set up up front. I would like larger on the rear like posted above but always wondered if it would make for a terrible pedal

Yeah I'm pretty happy with my 18z set up up front. I would like larger on the rear like posted above but always wondered if it would make for a terrible pedal

Once I have all installed I will post back here. It will take some time because I am still sorting the wheels aspect of things and not to mention the entire car is beeing upgraded. rebuilt stroker engine, etc etc, but you guys will see once it is done

Reactions: Goubo1
Hello to everyone. I have tge chance to purchase a slightly used pair of z18 6 piston calipers with fixed discs and braided hoses and adaptors for an s3 8l. Will this kit make a difference to overall BRAKING and what would be the most noticeable difference? The car is 450bhp and currently my problem is that once i get to 200 kmh if i brake (not hard) 2 or3 times the brakes make a strange noise. Other than that stock brakes are ok. Will this kit add too much weight in comparison to brake quality? Maybe 4 piston is better? Will i have to alter the brake bias after fitting them or it would be as stock?