porsche cayenne techs on here?

murran

Reaction score
anyone any experience of these 06 plate 4.5 v8 things with a seized engine?

vehicle wouldnt start, but would crank over, everything else electrically working.
our boss went out to customers house (with diagnostic kit) to look at it. it would crank over just fine at this point, he said it was massivley over fueling for some reason advised to have his aa/rac recover it....
they turned up to recover it the next day, the recovery guy insisted on trying to make it run saying it was gassed up, he was apparently cranking it over for 20 odd minutes off and on with the jump leads attached from his truck, until it wouldnt crank over anymore.
anyway its been recovered to our place....
weve recharged the battery etc added a booster pack etc, engine still wont turn over at all.
ive stripped the inlet manifold off and removed the starter, that seems to work fine on a bench test.
ive removed all the spark plugs.
the engine wont turn over by hand even with a half inch 2ft cracker bar on the crank center bolt, it wont move at all clockwise or anti clockwise, not even a slight amount.
ive looked down the spark plug holes with our snap-on endoscope camera and can see distinct lines and scrapes on 2 of the bores.

is this siezed cus of bore wash and excessive cranking?

any ideas?

Yeah..go to a Porsche forum and ask there. Can't imagine finding much help on here regarding them monstrosities!

ive searched on a couple of "porch" forums but cant find anything specific about the symptoms. and i cant be ***** to join another car forum tbh!

Soz mate, apart from a Porch forum, might be worth looking at some supercar forums, or even a generic car one eg pistonheads i think??

so no ideas then?

i wana pull the engine out and strip it. my boss doesn't seem too excited about doing that.

right ive took the rocker covers off and can now get in with the endoscope to look down the plug holes. we can see big scrape marks up and down two of the bores. so its engine out time!
as the aa/rac man caused this damage.... has anyone ever made a claim off them for causing damage such as this?

could it not be the piston slightly bent or piston rings broken causing them to jam and scrape? either that or some foreign object has got in there. Did you not find any oil in the chambers? Is it turning?

Last edited:
dunno yet im on holiday atm. hopefully they'll have a short motor or a complete unit ready for me when i get back on monday. either way i'll be doing a post mortom on it.
might be fun trying to get the torque converter off it, as it wont budge an inch clockwise or otherwise.

we'll see. i'll take some pics i think too!