Porsche Calipers Finally Fitted

stoakseya4

Reaction score
Eventually got round to fitting the calipers yesterday. Took almost all day, but worth it in the end.:o.k:

This is what they looked liked before:
DSC_0544.jpg

DSC_0539.jpg

DSC_0546.jpg

This is how they look now after a clean:
DSC_0599.jpg

DSC_0600.jpg

DSC_0602.jpg

DSC_0604.jpg

DSC_0606.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

Next is for braided lines + 5.1 fluid.
Put on new Toyo T1Rs today (4 for £300 :whistle2:). The old ones will be kept for track use as they've worn a little on the inside edge.

The wheels will stay as they are for the winter, then either be refurbed and painted black or dark grey, something like this:
convoibb25quattro06xm11.jpg

These are MTMs but you get what I mean from the colour:
rimg0603_1371.jpg

Or will be replaced with Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 in the same colours like this (although this is more silver, you see what I mean):
AvusandTDanthracite.jpg

TeamDynamics_Pro_Race1_black.jpg

All in all very happy, nut am still bedding in the pads so taking things easy. The owner of the OEM brakes I've just taken off will be very happy as they're almost new discs he's getting. The new owner is from here but Mum's the word (unless he's already mentioned it...) :salute:

Off to Surry Rolling Road next Saturday along with about 25 other RS's from the SRS Forum, so should be fun :photo::p

They look HUGE! Did you say that they were off a Cayenne ?

Yes a Cayenne Turbo S. But they're essentially 'just' a Brembo 6-piston caliper.

Most B5 RS4 owners upgrade to the B7 RS4 or C5 RS6 setup. Bigger discs and 8-piston calipers, but generally alot more expensive.

This mod cost c£400 for the discs and c£450 for the calipers c/w pads + a further £50 to get the calipers machined down (offsets are not the same for the discs).

The B7 or C5 upgrades are generally £1200-1500...

Wow they look very impressive :o.k:

Have you given any thought to a colour change?

No. Quite like the silver. Red's been done to death.

Maybe a bright blue ?

Am keen on bklack/dark grey wheels at some point so need to bear that in mind. Suggestions?

Cheers guys.
happy with them.

Any thoughts on colour then ?

hmmm, theres a whole lot of caliper on show there so the colour will have to be right...... as you said, red's been done to death, bright blue is what vauxhall do their vxr brakes, so......dunno!!!! Yellow????

Yellow is Ferrari and Lambo but personally I would leave them as is.

I waana do mine yellow with black writing when i get round to putting them on, but all yellow porsche brakes are ceramics so would kind of be replicating something there not.

Yeah.
Colour obviously needs to work with silver car/silver wheels. Also needs to go with dark grey/bklack wheels too.

Silver works.

How about the flourescent pink jobbies, that Rocko (?) had ??! I mention the bright blue, as you can get the same colour silicon hoses...

Silver's fine, so will keep with that me thinks.

Cheers for the comments though. See you for a ride next week lostbok!!

They look Fantatstic Stoaksey.
Leave them Silver because when you get your darker rims on, they'll look just right mate.

r because when you get your darker rims on, they'll look just right mate.
:applaus::applaus::applaus:
Good point Juss - Silver will look pretty sweet behind dark rims... or a powder blue....

Stoaksey - £300 for 4 x Toyo T1-R's??!? We need to talk...

freakin huge!!! Very nice, i like the silver color myself and agree that they will look sweet with the different color rims. Nothing like a huge set of calipers that put you thru the windshield....What pads are you running?

:applaus::applaus::applaus:
Good point Juss - Silver will look pretty sweet behind dark rims... or a powder blue....

Stoaksey - £300 for 4 x Toyo T1-R's??!? We need to talk...

A quick sale from SRS forum.
2 were brand new. 2 had done maybe 1000 miles.

RRP = £700!! :hubbahubba:

The Mich's are now my track tyre !

:whip:

freakin huge!!! Very nice, i like the silver color myself and agree that they will look sweet with the different color rims. Nothing like a huge set of calipers that put you thru the windshield....What pads are you running?

OEM Cayenne's for now. Have about 80% life in them. So will keep them until I need some more and then maybe get some Performance Friction ones...

:asskicking:

Hi all

have refreshed this thread as I might be selling on these Porsche brakes, for a different setup that's being offered.

Anyone interested PM me?

Brand new discs (cost £425)
Excellent condition calipers c/w OEM pads (cost £450)
Bolts to fix calipers.

Will sell for £800 + postage.

Cheers!
:tapedshut:

Replied, and trying to find out whether they'll fit a FWD B6.

Anyone know this??

hey guys i got a 1998 audi a4 1.8t what calipers can fit on my car for the front and for the rear

thats a great mod, looks better than B7 brakes and looks like a better fit too. I'll have bought them off you in a shot but one of my turbos may have died :-(

1998 will be a B5, so maybe better asking in the B5 forum, but then so is Stoaksey's and he hangs around here all the time :)

Cough cough...
Did someone call?!

:superman:

B5 will be fine up front, but need 18" wheels. Dunno about rears. Probably too big.
OEM rears are 312mm. Some guys are putting 340mm on the rear...?

:sos: