porsche brakes advice

Allot of people seem to go for the Seat Cupra R Brembos Kit .......sure someone will come along and confirm detail

If your looking to go for the Porsche set-up, buy a kit that uses the more modern 996 Monoblock caliper rather than the older 2 piece 993 caliper.
The 2 piece caliper was prone to pads sticking on the guides and allowed more flex under extreme pressure.
You'll need the 993 turbo 2 piece discs that allows the porsche bell to be removed and replaced with an alloy bell to suit the S3.
Braking wise, the improvement is night and day, no other way to describe it!
Even at low speed, the braking is just so much more reassuring...... it higher speed, you have to watch that no one runs into you!!!

Kim Collins @ QST are the UK's Mov'it dealer, AmD for Sportec. Ray West Tuning @ Silverstone do AmD's own kit but you would have to spec the Monoblocks as the kits come with the older 2 piece 993 caliper. Quattronics also do kits, I think they are Manchester area......
Good Luck!

Silversea said:
Quattronics also do kits, I think they are Manchester area......

Lincolnshire, not Manchester.

We have a couple of kits available for the S3. Shoot us an email and we will help where we can.

what options are there for a 98 a4 1.8T fwd?

i would like some big brakes, prefer over 330mm with 4 or 6 pots, i have seen i think ATE 4 pot kits for a grand, not sure if any good, are there any other options? £1500 is my limit price wise.

Mines got the seat cupra R brembo's were bought from Jabbasport for £690 although i didnt persoanlly buy them i have to receipt.

Never felt brakes quite like it IMO! Feels like all your insides are thrown to the front of you stomach if you stamp on them HARD!:blink:

I've never driven any brakes that work better than the Brembo upgrade kit for the S3 - the GT or GT Junior.

The Porsche brakes look more bling, lighten your wallet better, but work no better.

2pc discs on the road can be a pain too...noisy, risk corroding and sticking.
Porsche went away from them for a reason...(the 996 Turbo has single piece discs)

Save your cash and buy the Brembo kit - the same as the SEAT Leon Cupra R kit.

It's designed for the master cylinder fitted to the S3/A3 so you keep the feel, and it doesn't throw the brake balance out.

At the end of the day, Porsche don't make their brake callipers, Brembo do.
If you want to pay lots of cash for a Porsche badge in thinking it'll give you better brakes than a similar calliper with a brembo sticker on it - go for your life.
...a fool and their money, and all that.

macca said:
what options are there for a 98 a4 1.8T fwd?

i would like some big brakes, prefer over 330mm with 4 or 6 pots, i have seen i think ATE 4 pot kits for a grand, not sure if any good, are there any other options? £1500 is my limit price wise.

Again, the Brembo GT Jr kit at £700ish will fit and work uber well.

Why pay more?

I think the discs are 328x28...but may be wrong.

would someone be interested in starting a group buy for a brake up grade?

a brake with great performance and looks to kill lol

cupra r brakes
golf r32 brakes
s3 brake up grade
prosche etc....

would you benefit more doing front and rear or is front good enough?

thanks

front on its own is fine mate! no need to waste the money on rears!

i put this in one of my above posts

Never felt brakes quite like it IMO! Feels like all your insides are thrown to the front of you stomach if you stamp on them HARD!:blink:

Good choice...

Some of the other kits may look better, look more expensive (because they ARE more expensive) but they don't work any better for road / mild track use.

The other advantage of the Bermbo kit is that you can walk into any SEAT dealer and buy discs or pads off the shelf. No trying to work out what special bits you need...just bolt them on and off you go.

AmD sell them, I think.
As do Jabba, probably Awesome, Star Performance etc...

Have a look in the adverts in Performance VW or Golf+...you'll soon find some good prices.

hey guys
sourcing info here, i too got the Brembo GT kit from AmD for my S3, huge difference an very happy, thought they were 322mmx22mm but could be wrong? was also advised rear upgrades were of no real benefit however i'd love to find rear disc that match the fronts?
due to my distance travelled i got a set of discs an pads in addition to the mod but they were in a red-dot box? confused me!
there drilled but not grooved? i'll get a picture up if i can but any info would be ace!
cheers

how much roughly are you talking for a brembo upgrade for the A3 8p?