Porsche 997 GT2 vs Corvette Z06

Ess_Three

Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
This is worth a look...lasts about 10 mins....not You Tube...but streamed from Autocars site. This seemed the logical place to put it.

Anyway, both ****** quick.

Anyone who's been to GTI International one of the last 2 years will recognise the place...and the parked plane!

http://www.autocar.co.uk/VideosWallpapers/Videos.aspx?AR=231915&CT=V

On the same subject, if you get a chance have a read of the latest EVO magazine. They compare the new 997 GT2 with the GT3 RS, 993 GT2 and Carrera GT.

****** good read with some interesting conclusions. Right I'm off to see how my Porsche piggybank fund is doing.

I have concluded that there is nothing I would change my 996 for...until the price of 997 GT2s fall to where I can beg, borrow and steal enough to have one!

One day...

A CGT is out of the window...always was...but a used 997 GT2 in 4-5 years time...Hmm...

Baked beans on toast for the next few years then!

Agreed that the CGT is unobtainable, but reading through the article it comments on how you can't really use the extra revs on a normal road and the GT2 keeps up no problem.

Its impressive how the GT2 pulls away, I know they said it wasn't 'off the line' as such, more when it 'got into its stride' - but I reckon the rear angine of the 911 helps its tyres get the power down, good stuff :o.k: