Porsche 928

rallye

Reaction score
How about these, I've always liked them they sound great with that nice big V8 up front.
2429232492_8b32df89a8.jpg
2428425329_6d9751edfb.jpg

Always loved these, my old man had a 928 series 4 GTS one of the few with a manual gear box, complete with dog leg first - Such a nice car to drive and it definately had the go to match the looks.
Wish I could get a good straight one now !

Richard

Definitely cool.

I spotted one for sale in a show room in Edinburgh this morning while waiting at the lights. Dark blue, looks imaculate, not sure on the age (show room plate on) but they were asking £29,995 for it!

Way ahead of its time in stylling and interior like a spaceship!

I love all the retro Porker chequer cloth. And that 928 rounded back end would look amazing if they released it nowadays, never mind 1978!

Mindblowing leap forward on so many styling and engineering levels. I think it was the first Porsche actually designed by them from scratch.....

Awesome. And picking up in value nowadays too

Always loved these, my old man had a 928 series 4 GTS one of the few with a manual gear box, complete with dog leg first - Such a nice car to drive and it definately had the go to match the looks.
Wish I could get a good straight one now !

Richard
There were only 44 genuine RHD manual GTS's officially imported into the UK and I had one as well until divorce made me poor, brilliant car it was fantastic just listening to it crank over before bellowing into life. I had the Ritech X pipe fitted to mine and had it Shark tuned and it was without doubt the best car I've ever owned and with the 4 wheel steering went round corners pretty damn well.
Porsche 928 coupe petrol 131239

Reactions: martin1984
Personally I prefer the 928 to the lauded 911. That said, my fav Porsche is the 944 Turbo.

Nevertheless, the 928 is still pretty cool.