Pops and bangs

ohmyaudi

Reaction score
This might have been covered before but I was wondering if the pops and crackles you get when you lift off the throttle in the FL S3's can be recreated any way on the PFL model?

The usual, fart on wide open throttle up shift, but also pops and gentle bangs on downshift and lift off.

Also, you can dial these up when revving in neutral and dynamic which, I am sure, your neighbours would enjoy... ;)

Reactions: The Challinor
It does this as standard on a Facelift model but what I'm wondering is can this be done on a pre-facelift S3 with stock exhaust? Is it a special map or is hardware needed too?

The usual, fart on wide open throttle up shift, but also pops and gentle bangs on downshift and lift off.

Also, you can dial these up when revving in neutral and dynamic which, I am sure, your neighbours would enjoy... ;)

I’ll look forward to this a I love the exhaust noise on my PFL S3, one of the reasons I’m going for another one!

One neighbour has a A class AMG and his Brother E Class AMG, they won’t mind

mine pops, bangs and crackles with the milltek on it. Best mod i've done !

I’ll look forward to this a I love the exhaust noise on my PFL S3, one of the reasons I’m going for another one!

One neighbour has a A class AMG and his Brother E Class AMG, they won’t mind
It’s pretty quiet lower Rev range but you do get good pops dropping down to 3rd and 2nd when in dynamic and individual when engine sound set to dynamic. Tend to get farts going up majority of the time.

Sound wise just about right for me, it’s discreet enough when parking up at work.

Would that make it even quieter?

It will remove the artificial sounds .
I disconnected mine as I wanted to hear the real engine noise and the sound of my new system.

I highly recommend it.
If you want it back. Just plug it in again. It' a 2 minute job.

Its just off to the right under the scuttle panel. Very easily accessible.

Reactions: HectorS3 and TYb
For anyone interested JF automotive can add in pops/bangs/crackles to a stage 1 remap to bring it up to scratch with the sound of the FL models. Been quoted £595 in total for Stage 1 inc pops and bangs.

It will remove the artificial sounds .
I disconnected mine as I wanted to hear the real engine noise and the sound of my new system.

I highly recommend it.
If you want it back. Just plug it in again. It' a 2 minute job.

Its just off to the right under the scuttle panel. Very easily accessible.

Where is this scuttle panel? I want to remove any artificial noise I can

For anyone interested JF automotive can add in pops/bangs/crackles to a stage 1 remap to bring it up to scratch with the sound of the FL models. Been quoted £595 in total for Stage 1 inc pops and bangs.
Is that the JF located in Maidstone Kent:blow:

Owned both PFL and now a FL....sound difference is minimal in this well insulated car....everyone keeps on banging on about the sound.....*** grow up....the new 7 speed gearbox......on the face lift is what its all about.....or buy a car with Pano-Roof....you'll hear the exhaust far more on both models when you care too boot it.

Reactions: GW1
Owned both PFL and now a FL....sound difference is minimal in this well insulated car....everyone keeps on banging on about the sound.....*** grow up....the new 7 speed gearbox......on the face lift is what its all about.....or buy a car with Pano-Roof....you'll hear the exhaust far more on both models when you care too boot it.
You could also order the cabriolet

Haha, where’s your commitment to the brand and a little cold weather is no excuse.

Out the sun roof. Its expensive enough as it is to run, I dont need the roof open!

People who buy cabrios in this country are idiots. Folding hard-tops are an acceptable compromise but, unless it's a dedicated 'sports car', cabrios like the A3 make sense for a few weeks a year and, the rest of the time, the owners drive around with the roof up trying to look like they didn't make a massive mistake

:p ;)