Popcorn limiter and launch control on a TDI anyone had it done ?

TDI140

Reaction score
Would like info on these two ^ before i have them done

thanks

Popcorn limiter at around 4200rpm

Who in their right mind would even consider fitting one?!

Last edited by a moderator:
Drop Kilner a PM, he'll be able to give you all the info you need. As for the car above, it has issues, that is not normal for any kind of limiter.

Dark side do hard cut limiters are what they are called just mapped into the ecru you can also do launch control and other bits and bobs

I used to have an omex rev limiter and launch control on my 106, that had hard and soft cut.

I cant understand why you would put one on a diesel though?

People tune diesels now if you didnt know .... Lol

How can you compare a 106 to an audi theres no comparison but anyway ill talk to darkside about it see what they say

but that leon is smoking way to heavy thought mine smoked but thats 3 times worse than mine

Reactions: RSTHRILLER, kanecullen89, Sayam and 1 other person
People tune diesels now if you didnt know .... Lol

How can you compare a 106 to an audi theres no comparison but anyway ill talk to darkside about it see what they say

but that leon is smoking way to heavy thought mine smoked but thats 3 times worse than mine

I wasn't comparing a 106 to an audi in anyway, I was simply saying that I used an omex rev limiter. FYI the 106 would have kicked my cars *** and its been mapped to about 220.
still don't see why a launch control on a diesel would make a difference considering the turbo kicks in almost straight away anyway.

I put launch control on my Passat and found it useful on the quarter mile. But in normal driving made no difference.
Don't know what the MOT people would make of a car with launch control as I had the Passat set to launch at 2400 RPM so thats the highest RPM the car would rev to when stationary.
As for a popcorn limiter they are a waste of time and if used enough will likely damage the turbo.
Both are very easy to do on an EDC15 ECU if you have VAGEDC suite.

How to remap Launch control map into EDC15 1.9TDi PD using VAG EDC Suite - YouTube

Karl