pop goes the fp green

burns3

Reaction score
Well as the title says the green has went the same way as the weasel and popped on me after destroying these two kids in a bmw who decided they would try to touch my back bumper. Pity i destroyed the turbo aswel as them but guess its just one of them things and now its time to move on to bigger and redder things, if you get my drift people.

FP red here we come:superman:

This mans got the right attitude! I tip my hat to you.

So many people would consider selling or breaking if the same happened to them. They need to man up. :-D

This mans got the right attitude! I tip my hat to you.

So many people would consider selling or breaking if the same happened to them. They need to man up. :-D

Was already planning getting the red later on in the year anyway but this has sort of forced me to buy it off bill now.

Things could be worse though so no point crying about it and i definatley couldnt sell bumble, infact i still cant bring myself to sell my other s3 even though my girlfriend thinks i should! Its gonna come in handy now though so i will have to tell her how clever i am for keeping it;)

ah man, how did it pop exactly? sure it's not just in need of a simple rebuild?

Was giving it some real man boost (wink wink jardo) then heard a little noise so eased off and saw any amounts of smoke behind me, pulled over and opened the bonnet to see smoke coming from the clamp area on the turbo so seeing as the engine was still running fine drove at a snails pace home (which was only a few mile) but even going that slow i could hear the turbo making some horrible noises.

It may be able to be fixed and i'll be looking into that after it comes off next friday but as money is a bit tight at the moment and i've just paid for a years tax i want her back on the road asap even if just running on actuator pressure so i know everything else fine.

Sorry to hear but same time im happy your upgrading and taking it so well.

So let me get this straight. last tie I saw bumble, welly owned it and he was running something rediculouse like 450....
so now your going for more than that. How much may i ask??

Sorry to hear but same time im happy your upgrading and taking it so well.

So let me get this straight. last tie I saw bumble, welly owned it and he was running something rediculouse like 450....
so now your going for more than that. How much may i ask??

Was quite happy with the power it had but with the red on i think it could run about 500 but i need to uprate all the valve train to achieve that i think so for now i'm just looking at making some reliable power and we will see what that is when i get her down to Bill.

less boost for the red... replumb the wastegate back to single port, so not pegged as green was.

more flow..
use same 7cm hotside.

What Bill said and as we discussed via text - deffo the 7 CM on the Red, will keep the lag within reasonable tolerance. Valve train also a must!

Sorry to hear that the turbo gave up mate, but lets be fair, she is highly strung! As long as the motor is OK then all should be well....

Top mount for the win!

What Bill said and as we discussed via text - deffo the 7 CM on the Red, will keep the lag within reasonable tolerance. Valve train also a must!

Sorry to hear that the turbo gave up mate, but lets be fair, she is highly strung! As long as the motor is OK then all should be well....

Top mount for the win!

Deffo glad its a top mount makes it so much more accessible mate but unfortuantly the valvetrain will have to wait for the time being as my budget cant stretch to that atm. Think just keep the redline the way it is or even less, whatever Bill thinks is best though really just dont want to **** this one or anything else in the engine.

I love this thread and the O.P attitude! It's broke, eff it ! lets upgrade it......

aslong as you won the race that's all that counts. :)

Sean

less boost for the red... replumb the wastegate back to single port, so not pegged as green was.

more flow..

use same 7cm hotside.

What you mean by pegged Bill?

I love this thread and the O.P attitude! It's broke, eff it ! lets upgrade it......

aslong as you won the race that's all that counts. :)

Sean

Definately won the race and it also made me feel like part of the red arrows when i looked my rear view mirror lol.

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Definately won the race and it also made me feel like part of the red arrows when i looked my rear view mirror lol.

Sorry for your mishap as its never fun when it breaks but this thread has strangely put a smile on my face and made me chuckle (I know it's not fun to laugh at things like this) but your attitude towards it is brilliant.....and at least like previously said you beat a ****ty BMW ;)

Sorry for your mishap as its never fun when it breaks but this thread has strangely put a smile on my face and made me chuckle (I know it's not fun to laugh at things like this) but your attitude towards it is brilliant.....and at least like previously said you beat a ****ty BMW ;)

Strangely enough its not bmw drivers that normally try it on its normally wollys in their subarus thinking their king of the road......then my boost comes in, they go backwards and then realise they are being silly to even try.

Now is the time to race me subaru people while i have no turbo hahaha

Crappy pics from phone but heres the damage. The shaft had loads of play too but doesn't appear to have snapped it just seems to spin when you try to loosen it. It's slack enough to rattle though.
Picture 590Picture 585