Poorboys

The_Ironist

Reaction score
Got a mythos black Sportback coming Tuesday and decided to try and do my own detail.

Looked at Blackfire range but was so pricey thought would give Poorboys a go based on Polished recommendation.

Any others rate this combo?

Plan:
Finesse Avalanche
Meguirs shampoo plus with double bucket and incredimitt.
Auto smart TARDIS
Finesse iron out
Clay if required with finesse clay and glide.
Poorboys exp sealant x 2
Poorboys natty blue x 2/3
Poorboys wheel sealant and bold and bright.

Sound good? Missing anything major?

Not allowed for polishing stage as new car and asked dealer to not touch the paint at all before collection so hoping no swirls. Unsure of cost and my ability also. Mistake?

Best options for glass?

How long to wait between coats of exp sealant and natty blue?

Last edited:
Sounds good. I rate Natty Blue wax, really good value for money and great results

fair play that is apart from the fact i used autobrite snowfoam an nattys white wax, that is exactly the same process i used on my b6 avant a few weeks ago when i bought it!

i usually put a couple of coats of ex-p sealant on the windows as makes the rain bead off a treat.

I would get some Black hole in there before sealant/wax as it works wonders on black cars.

Is there any reason your using sealant and a wax?

Black hole ordered.

The polished bliss article recommended both layers. Is both overkill?

I always use a sealant then a wax as the results are good, but remember sealant first then wax as the sealant won't adhere to the wax too well

Not so much an over kill - it will give you better durability in theory but some people don't deem it as necessary, its all down to personal preference I suppose.

And as Luke said, if your going to do it make sure you apply your sealant first. Get some pics up when your done as well fella :thumbs up:

Thanks, will do weather permitting the detail taking place which isn't looking too promising.

Used the black hole on my old black b8 and I was certainly impressed, brough out the flake in the paint brilliantly

If you're not polishing much then definitely get some black hole on there. Then seal it up with two layers of the sealant, then one layer of paste wax. The sealant gives the protection and durability, the single layer of wax will bring more depth to the finish. No need for a second layer.

Don't forget to clay the wheels as well. Then put two layers of the EXP sealant on them. I've got the poorboys wheel sealant and wouldn't recommend it over the EXP.

For the windows just clean them as thoroughly as you would the rest of the car and when dry, buff them with a glass cloth. Then apply a single layer of the sealant, let it haze and buff off.

The rest sounds fine. I've been detailing black cars for a long time and it's a nightmare. Good luck.
:thumbs up: