Poor Servicing...

CJA318T

Reaction score
Recently bought 2001 A3 1.8T Sport from local car supermarket and prior to collection they did a 150 point inspection (either RAC or AA can't remember) and also a full service. Last weekend (month and half after collection) i took off the plastic cover which covers the centre of the engine to discover the crankshaft breather hose totally knackered and open.

Am i correct to assume that this should have been spotted and that my 150 point check wasn't very good? Neglegence? Surely they would have spotted it if they'd check the plugs and points?

Just curious how anyone else would deal with it?

scream, shout and give tons of abuse....until you get the cost of repiars covered......Should have been spotted. Thre is now way each of the thousands of cars supermarkets have in stock are given a proper 150 point inspection. No way at all. !!!

Was it carcraft/carland by any chance.....? if so go straight to trading standards.....they have loads of complaints about these car supermarkets....dodgy as they come.

Hope you get it sorted...dont take no for an answer and be as loud as possible when you complain.

"Surely they would have spotted it if they'd check the plugs and points?"
Maybe they missed it trying to locate the points on your car.