Poor performance s3 dipped headlights

Nope, but I should have, might have avoid binning the car that way (poor dipped lights were a contributory factor).
sorry to hear that, Hope no personal injuries.

Has anyone with led had them adjusted up ? Or is everyone else happy with dipped beam ? Mine is better on motorway once they have risen up above 68 mph.

Has anyone with led had them adjusted up ? Or is everyone else happy with dipped beam ? Mine is better on motorway once they have risen up above 68 mph.
beam rises above this speed

Yes I know that's what I said better when it's risen. But most of time you drive below this speed. So anyone had success with led adjustment ?

Yes I know that's what I said better when it's risen. But most of time you drive below this speed. So anyone had success with led adjustment ?

Chill mate,to be honest any headlight tech is crud in this dark wet weather...l really cant see any adjusted led being better, baring adaptive full led matrix headlights.

Reactions: sbarker

so nobody had any led lights fixed ? In this week's auto express they comment how good the led dip lights are on their long term r s3!

Reactions: Rob2k68
so nobody had any led lights fixed ? In this week's auto express they comment how good the led dip lights are on their long term r s3![/QUOTE

Never driven a a3/s3 first hand at night with leds but seen the ones on the new face lifted A6...THEY LOOK SO BRIGHT...6000K temp as well...really don't the A3/S3's being any different

Reactions: Rob2k68
so nobody had any led lights fixed ? In this week's auto express they comment how good the led dip lights are on their long term r s3!

I could do with mine being checked now that the car sits lower. Prob ask about the condensation recall at the same time as not sure if my build week 6 would have captured that or not.

Be interested to know what happens, just think my lights don't throw far down road. When parked in garage the lights seem very flat and much lower illumination than xenon. Does anyone feel same ? Be interested to see illumination photos from others with led

Be interested to know what happens, just think my lights don't throw far down road. When parked in garage the lights seem very flat and much lower illumination than xenon. Does anyone feel same ? Be interested to see illumination photos from others with led

Yes, although this is hotly debated.

As supplied by OE, the 8V LED is cooler (6000K) compared to the Xenon (4500/5000K).
In a side by side comparison, they are not as bright as Xenons.

Pics in this thread:
http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/xenon-versus-led-headlight-option.219188/page-4#post-2371354

Booked my car in at the dealers and by headlights are now much much better! Huge improvement now.

Despite LEDs may not being as bright, still love the look of them in terms of design and would still have them now if I could.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Got my headlights adjusted by the dealer yesterday as the were too low from the factory. They're fine now but they charged me £23 for the pleasure of correctly levelled headlights as car is older than 6 months. I paid and left as I was tight for time but sent an email today expressing my disappointment at being charged for a factory slip-up after all the business I've given them.
I've now been offered £30 of fuel by the dealer.

Reactions: Simon L and pburv