Poor MPG on 2000 a3 1.8t

Did you service the car first

Plugs and oil, dead easy
Change the vacuum hoses to silicon, dead easy

Nope done none yet plus I don't think that will give an extra 100 miles a tank it had ment have had a service before I got it

The problem is that atmospheric dv that will cause rich running and rubbish running on anything other than an agu which your engine isn't so get a recirc valve to start with

I have an AGU and ive heard its still best to run re circ not atmospheric ? Does an AGU welcome an atmospheric then ?

I have an AGU and ive heard its still best to run re circ not atmospheric ? Does an AGU welcome an atmospheric then ?
All the 8l A3 and S3 cars came with a recirc valve. They all work best with a fully recirc valve.

Don't use an atmo valve on any of them. I'm not sure why the AGU would be any different to the others. The only thing you can do differently on the AGU is run a bleed valve to get more boost because it doesn't have a MAP sensor. Still 90% of people here will tell you that is a bad thing to do.

I've had a Collins atmospheric dumpvalve on my car for 3 years and it hadn't caused me a problem yet it's the lack of map sensor and the dumb me3.8 management that allows it.

You're releasing metered air.....
That means you're making you're car run rich.
The ecu will try to counter this with the fuel trims but its not a good way to do it.

It might sound good but it does nothing for performance.