Poor Mpg 2.0 TFSI..

TimWills28

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Hi All,

I just about get 250 from a full tank of petrol.

Scanned car with VCDS.

Only code was 000665 - Boost pressure regulation - Control range not reached.

Also found that temperature drops to 70 when on motorway and back to 90 on town driving.

Did some research and only thing I found was to change the diverter valve or the PCV will these make a difference?

Car is a 2005 Sportback TFSI 2.0 200bhp.
Car drives normal and is not mapped, I do not thrash engine.

Hope I can get this fixed

I had to change the thermostat when mine dropped to 70 when cruising. Will improve mpg as well.

Mine suffered the same, changed the recirculation valve (dump valve) as mine was split and gave the same fault code. I gained an extra 5 mpg

My s3 gets about that when just going to work and back in a spirited manner.......

Although can get 36 on a motorway run...

My s3 gets about that when just going to work and back in a spirited manner.......

Although can get 36 on a motorway run...

Exactly I only do "spirited" driving when exiting a tunnel or something lol..

Had it for a week now..the diesel to petrol transformation sounds lovely lol

DV split, its a common issue & as its an A3 is a pita to get to underneath, but sounds like this is the boost issue.

DV split, its a common issue & as its an A3 is a pita to get to underneath, but sounds like this is the boost issue.

Sweet,

Thanks Nigel, will be arranging a meet up with you if possible, for drl vogs and side mirror tuck in when locking car.. If these are possible yet.

Thermostat is a comon problem with these, £50 and 3 hours labour will sort that.

And this is linked to MPG?

Thanks JJ

well it will run better when at its 90 temperature. and if im right, i think the car runs 'leaner' when under temp to try and bring it up for efficiency, or runs rich to cool the engine down, someone can confirm?

Rick also confirmed it would run better when i got thermostat changed after i had it remapped.

well it will run better when at its 90 temperature. and if im right, i think the car runs 'leaner' when under temp to try and bring it up for efficiency, or runs rich to cool the engine down, someone can confirm?

Rick also confirmed it would run better when i got thermostat changed after i had it remapped.

Sweet! Remap is on the cards but obviously need to sort out probs first, heard a stage 1 with cai is noticeable :)

My 2011 2.0 TFSI averages between 28-30 mpg. Most of my journeys are short and I only do about 400-500 miles a month so mpg doesn't bother me.

Starting to look at the RS3 and RS4 now.

My 2011 2.0 TFSI averages between 28-30 mpg. Most of my journeys are short and I only do about 400-500 miles a month so mpg doesn't bother me.

Starting to look at the RS3 and RS4 now.

I wouldn't mind that at compared to the 18-21mpg I'm getting on the screen and the 230miles per tank :(

Motorway max I've got is 23mpg
City drives max I've got is 18mpg
That is low. City driving I can manage 20ish on my 05 gti (Bradford is very hilly). If I'm thrashing it then il see closer to 15mpg.

Motorway journeys I'll see 30+ mpg if it's a ~70mph run. Do you drive at a high speed?

Thought it was..city driving I wouldn't mind the better side of 25mpg.

Motorway I have it on 70 with cruise control!

I've achieved 40-50 in my 2.0 TFSI 211 A4 2011. Not sure if the oil burning helped but nevertheless i was impressed. Also the 120mph gear change into 5th off the the slip road was fast.
By the way my limiter doesn't work...., should I complain to Audi? ;)

I'm getting 23-24mpg around town in my S3 8P, should I be looking for issues? I drive steady 80% of the time.

I've achieved 40-50 in my 2.0 TFSI 211 A4 2011. Not sure if the oil burning helped but nevertheless i was impressed. Also the 120mph gear change into 5th off the the slip road was fast.
By the way my limiter doesn't work...., should I complain to Audi? ;)

I'm getting jealous now :)

I tend to get 280 miles to a tank and it sits around 25mpg average. That's a Quattro though.

I get around 19-21mpg around town, and 30's motorway. And mines the heavier quattro version of yours. about 260-280 to a tank

Reactions: DriverN00B
I tend to get around 24mpg average on my 11.5m daily commute which includes a bit of town stuff either end but mostly dual carriageway 80 ish, have seen above 30mpg on longer single carriageway runs though.

Yh I've never hit 30mpg, do you keep your screen on the average mpg or current mpg?

My current mpg doesn't settle, either 100mpg or 20mpg and just keeps moving ;( average mpg is what I go by. Always reset it before I go on a trip to see...

I have a 3.2 quarto. if you boot it around town it reports 15!!!!!!mpg and on very fruggle motorway run it will creap up to 35.5mpg but you gotta be strict at 70 mph and keep it there as much as poss. most of time it reports 30mpg as average and I have not reset the number two gauge for three tanks and its levelled out at 26mpg.

when I brought mine a month ago my uncle drove it home and said its got a know issue (it turns out one of very many :() but the temp was running at about 70 degrees. this I was told effects the gear box and all sorts of thing in performance as its always trying to get engine upto temp. the know issue is the temp sender. easy to change with a pair of long nose pliers. just held in with a clip. they can be brought for as little as 3 quid but I went for a better brand and cost me 20 quid I think. if your changing coolant might be worth chucking one in. its a bit tricky to get ya hand to but no other items need to be removed. its at the front right corner on the 3.2.v6 motor. might be different on your motor. prob is if you do this and thermosat at same time you wont know what cured it. mine now sits at 90 at all times once warmed up. never moves from there.

I have a 3.2 quarto. if you boot it around town it reports 15!!!!!!mpg and on very fruggle motorway run it will creap up to 35.5mpg but you gotta be strict at 70 mph and keep it there as much as poss. most of time it reports 30mpg as average and I have not reset the number two gauge for three tanks and its levelled out at 26mpg.

when I brought mine a month ago my uncle drove it home and said its got a know issue (it turns out one of very many :() but the temp was running at about 70 degrees. this I was told effects the gear box and all sorts of thing in performance as its always trying to get engine upto temp. the know issue is the temp sender. easy to change with a pair of long nose pliers. just held in with a clip. they can be brought for as little as 3 quid but I went for a better brand and cost me 20 quid I think. if your changing coolant might be worth chucking one in. its a bit tricky to get ya hand to but no other items need to be removed. its at the front right corner on the 3.2.v6 motor. might be different on your motor. prob is if you do this and thermosat at same time you wont know what cured it. mine now sits at 90 at all times once warmed up. never moves from there.

Sweet will do thermostat first as I have it then I'll do the temp sender if it doesn't cure it!

I've got some greenish coolant in it at the moment

youll need some more to do the temp sender if needed. that's why I said might be able to do in one go and save your self some coolant.

I got this and 2.5l of coolant downstairs as spare will use that when doing temp sender if needed :)
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432665807368016

Take that thermostat back. Get yourself a genuine one. Trust me.

I tried two 'aftermarket' items and both leaked and didn't work at all and opened too early. For sake of price difference, and the PIA job it is to do, get a genuine.

Yh I've never hit 30mpg, do you keep your screen on the average mpg or current mpg?

My current mpg doesn't settle, either 100mpg or 20mpg and just keeps moving ;( average mpg is what I go by. Always reset it before I go on a trip to see...

I used to have it on avg mpg but got sick of looking at poor numbers so started using current mpg, now have gone back to avg mpg as got sick of looking at poor numbers :p

Reactions: bikedoctorr and DriverN00B