Poor hybrid/Electric endurance @ extreme low temperature

oldoiler

Spotted on one of the USA technical forums drivers moaning about loss of endurance in the recent cold spell .
Obviously not talked about during the sales pitch!! Main culprit was Tesla, they were trying to revise the sw over the air to reduce the impact. I wonder if VAG will do a similar sw revision??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jrumball

I’ve had similar happen to my car . Made a complaint on Fri about the app being useless .I have never seen the battery hit 30miles of range it averages low 20s after a charge and then as soon as you start driving drops again ..... really not happy annoying because I love the rest of the car .

The mpg not even getting a 3rd of the advertised figure of 160 mpg and averages less than my 10 year old 2l twin turbo diesel !

Makes me wonder how much these figures were fudged like the diesel scandal....

oldoiler

I’ve had similar happen to my car . Made a complaint on Fri about the app being useless .I have never seen the battery hit 30miles of range it averages low 20s after a charge and then as soon as you start driving drops again ..... really not happy annoying because I love the rest of the car .

The mpg not even getting a 3rd of the advertised figure of 160 mpg and averages less than my 10 year old 2l twin turbo diesel !

Makes me wonder how much these figures were fudged like the diesel scandal....

NO manufacturers mpg figures stand up to scrutiny!! And I concur regarding the present cold weather electric miles, wouldn’t mind if it covered 150 but that’s my fault I do like the car and the setup

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

jrumball

I never expected it to get 160mpg but I did expect it to do more than 55mpg. I get that from the 10 year old Prius .....

My driving is random and a good mix between town and motorway the best mpg I have seen is about 80mpg once and that seems to be a freak period where i was working about 10 miles away ....

Avg over the last month is 45.5 mpg

avg over last 3 months is 47.5 mpg

avg over 6 months 51.7 mpg

Really disappointing
Screenshot 2019-02-03 at 20.42.15.png

Screenshot 2019-02-03 at 20.34.50.png

Russ in Houston

Okay, I see you're in the UK. I've read that 30 mile battery claim and that's bogus. The EPA estimate of ~18miles is pretty much right where I'm getting.

Oh, and batteries are less efficient at cold temperatures? Who knew? ;) Didn't we discuss this in high school chemistry?

jrumball

The reason the A3 e-tron was discontinued for MY19 was because it couldn’t meet the new emotions and economy requirements for the WLTP tests....