Poor headlights... bulb advice

haggis84

Reaction score
After reluctantly selling my a4 3.0 v6 tdi due to gearbox issues i picked up my audi a5 yesterday from arnold clark in glasgow. Its a 60 plate 2.0 tfsi sportback. Absolutely stunning car to look and and drive however i cannot see much at night due to very poor headlights. They are xenons but visabilty is not great at all. My a4 was a 56 plate but the lights were tremendous. Im not sure what vulbs are in it but has anyone got any advice on a high powered bulb i can try? Any info appreciated cheers :)

I've also been looking at this in some detail.

Was looking to upgrade to 6000k bulbs to increase brightness and penetration, however after contacting Trups (who is the oracle on all things bright) apparantely it's is the reflectors and not the bulbs that let the pre facelift down.

I may still upgrade to 6000k but not until a few other bits are done.

If anyone has any good D3S bulb recommendations it would be appreciated.

I changed my standard bulbs in my A1 from 4350 to 5000k only £24 a pair off eBay. Very good and pure white with no blue.

I've also been looking at this in some detail.

Was looking to upgrade to 6000k bulbs to increase brightness and penetration, however after contacting Trups (who is the oracle on all things bright) apparantely it's is the reflectors and not the bulbs that let the pre facelift down.

I may still upgrade to 6000k but not until a few other bits are done.

If anyone has any good D3S bulb recommendations it would be appreciated.
Try our site sponsor @t8ups for price on bulbs.

Sorry Sandra I should have said that T8ups (Trups) sent me the prices.

" I can supply the D3S, I only tend to supply the morimoto bulbs as they are a good aftermarket, they are £75 for the pair or you can go with OEM osram upgrades but they are around £140 for the pair."

Reactions: t8ups