Poor fuel economy

Waseem_b8

Reaction score
Hi peeps

new to this forum, i own a 2009 09 reg audi a4 2.0 143bhp manual.

the fuel is costing me crazy amounts, i am getting 55-60miles per £10 of fuel driving locally at average of 31mpg.

I have had it serviced but made no difference

any advice appreciated.

thanks

Have you thought about getting it Terra Cleaned.
I've seen quite a lot of good reports .
There are the sceptics . But if you have a higher mileage car , it can make a difference.
Was supposed to have mine done last Friday, but his machine broke down the day before. Mine is at 120000.

31mpg "driving locally" is not bad. Diesel aren't at their most economical when driving locally. A long motorway cruises where they get a chance to stretch their legs is where they excel...

As for Terracelaning, lol, how much of an improvement do you anticipate that it will give you in terms of miles per gallons? (if any!!) - and how much driving will you need to do to cover the costs of the Terrcelaning though fuel savings ?

Compared to other cars i have owned like bmw f30 and also 5 series this is much worse in terms of mpg. Can there be something up with the car as even on long motorway runs i am only getting 70miles per £10 of fuel driving sensibly

How do i check that?
It seems to be getting worse in this hot weather
£30 fuel driven locally has just got me 150miles !

Is it a Quattro or 2wd?

My Quattro is shocking on fuel compared to my old 2wd.

2wd would average 43mpg, 4wd lucky if it gets higher then 38mpg per tank

I am getting high 20s around town and around 43mpg on a run. I plan to change the thermostat as my gauge shows just under 90 and I have obd reading that never get above 80C