Poor fuel economy

Cheers. Got Road Trip myself - just didn't recognise the one you were using :)

lol I'm aiming at 25-30 mpg when I get the S3 in March. Anything extra I'll be happy with :)

Our S3's fuel comp, sorry for the poor quality pic.

S3 022

I get 30 mpg long term average on the DIS in my S3, I've had it over 40 on a run before when sat in traffic at 50 for an hour. Work journey is more like 25-28, motorways about 35.

I don't use a fuel tracking app so can't give more accurate figures.

45mpg out of an S3 is an extreme example and nowhere near everyday reality.

That applies to everything though - I can get 70mpg out of my current car if I want to (not kidding) but that's nowhere near what I get on average every day.

Oh and, for the record regards the linked thread, I have been to the Nurburgring, which is 500 miles door-to-door and my old 8P 170PS did each way on a single tank, averaging around 85 most of the way and including a 140mph v-max run on the way back :)

Average of the S3 since new in July is just a shade over 30mpg. Virtually always in Dynamic, and better than I ever expected coming from two Leon Cupra which both saw 26mpg long term average. So I've ended up with a car with a 15% improvement in fuel consumption for a 25% increase in power :)

Reactions: Martinbanshee
I find my S3 is quite fuel sensitive and vpower/momentum does give 2-3mpg more than other fuel. I tend to get 32mpg generally unless on a long run where it will do anything up to 40mpg. Balls-out driving is c.22mpg.

I've got a 1.6tdi s-tronic loaner at the moment at it's not good. 45mpg town and 50mpg motorway (70ish, not hammering along). Shocking really considering it has just over a third of the power of the s3 and is 2wd.