Poor Brakes ?

h4pry

Reaction score
I have an Allroad 2.7 tdi tiptronic 2001 and I'm a little dissapointed in the brakes - they seem a bit feeble for the weight of the car.

Has anyone else had this problem ?

Is there an available upgrade?

Thanks

PaulAllroad

i think you will find if you switch to redfstuff ceramic pads and grooved and drilled discs bought mine from www.brakes4u.co.uk you could give them ago decent price and service

I was in the same boat with my A6 2.5Tdi Quattro Auto, went down the route of different pads and disks, but whilst it was slightly better - it didn't really do it.

The answer - AP330 rotors and Porsche 996 Calipers - perfect solution, plenty of feel without over servoed though the windscreen feeling that the A4 gives you.

Good luck

I've had 2 A6's, a 2.4Q sal (2000) and a 1.9tdi Avant (2004) and they both had/have relatively weak feeling brakes. However I have to say that no matter how hard I have had to brake (including looking up fom the stereo to see the back end of a tractor that had just pulled out) they have never failed to slow me down sufficiently. The feel is soft and I would love a sharper brake response but I can't justify spending the money ( can't afford it!). It would be great if Audi could sort the brake feel issue out.

Jon.

I agree with JonAUDI - although the feel is perhaps on the weak side, they do seem to do the job when you need it.