Poly cast engine mounts

Cool gonna order up thanks bud, needs doing so badly mine are scrap, I can easily move the engine around by hand and almost undrivable in stop start traffic.

Last edited by a moderator:
mate it wont be the same car after
the car shakes like ****

Shaking doesn't bother me I had a random misfire that I just couldn't track down for a while and yellow dogbone That made is shake a fair bit and to be honest I rather have a bit of shaking than an engine bouncing around in the bay causing God knows what wear and damage to connected components plus oem price is just silly

dont get me wrong i love it
feels alive!!
but mines track and occasional use

The vibratechic mounts I use are no problem used everyday IMO... there is increased noise and vibration over std mounts obviously but when cruising at 70mph on the motorway the exhaust is more intrusive than the engine mounts could ever hope to be

<tuffty/>

dont get me wrong i love it
feels alive!!
but mines track and occasional use
The vibratechic mounts I use are no problem used everyday IMO... there is increased noise and vibration over std mounts obviously but when cruising at 70mph on the motorway the exhaust is more intrusive than the engine mounts could ever hope to be

<tuffty/>
i was looking at the vibratecnics but I just can't justify spending over £200 on them when I can do this for a hair under £40, and if noise bothered me I woulnt have a decat :p lol

ok mate
be ready lol
the noise of mine after starting it up for the first time was like throwing a metal tool box full of spanners down the stairs
mines stripped so easily resolved

im not saying dont do it just be prepared for some rattle solving

Mine are stiffer than most other DIY ones, and I get no vibrations at all really. Dash certainly doesn't shake or anything else offensive like that!

ok mate
be ready lol
the noise of mine after starting it up for the first time was like throwing a metal tool box full of spanners down the stairs
mines stripped so easily resolved

im not saying dont do it just be prepared for some rattle solving
Mine already rattles like a hyperactive toddler on crack, it's a good thing I'm already partially deaf, between the rattling and the sound of the exaust I would be now anyway lol

Mine are stiffer than most other DIY ones, and I get no vibrations at all really. Dash certainly doesn't shake or anything else offensive like that!
Because you shake with the dash it cancels it out.

Reactions: Prawn
My dash doesn't rattle it's the two trims at the foot wells that rattle like crazy, will get them out just not had time :/
If your cars anything like mine you'll sort that and something else will start rattling, I'm forever trying to track down rattles squeaks and knocks, oh the joys of our cars but we love them really

All done and ready to fit, when fitting I know you support the engine side one under the sump but where do you support the gearbox side also does anyone know the torque specs for the bolts or should I just do them ft

did you rip the back off and fill them inside bud? just before you stick them on!!

Yep filled all the inside bit where the fluid used to be, like a typical man I filled every hole I could lol and I voided them out like prawn did, that stuff dries fooking quick though

Reactions: Prawn
lol
yeh its a good product isnt it
keep us posted on thoughts!!!

tbh i did one at a time
removed one
filled it
refitted
then did second

and when i say i did
i mean i watched my mate do it :(

Yea, do one side at a time...

Support divers side with jack on the sump with a bit of wood or something to help spread the weight, then do the same on the gearbox side... I doubt you'll even need the block of wood for the gearbox, much stronger than the sump

Pretty much everyone has reused, although it's not unheard of for them to snap...

On the torque front though, seriously speaking, just do them tight enough so they don't fall out and not too tight you thread the mount! . . That being said the ally mounts are quite soft and after a few times of being whipped in/out could generally do with having the threads restored

Pretty much everyone has reused, although it's not unheard of for them to snap...

On the torque front though, seriously speaking, just do them tight enough so they don't fall out and not too tight you thread the mount! . . That being said the ally mounts are quite soft and after a few times of being whipped in/out could generally do with having the threads restored
Cool thanks, as far as I'm aware looking through my service history and looking how ****** the mounts are they must be the originals but il be gentle with the tightening to be on the safe side

Fitted my new mounts today and after a quick blast I have to say it feels like a different car, throttle feels more responsive, gear changes 1000% better, braking feels more solid and It feels a lot more planted throwing it into corners, there is quite a bit More vibration and engine noise but it's not unbearable and in my opinion so worth it for how the car drives now, right going to go have another blast now, very happy chappie :D