Pollen cabin filter

Can't find the product on the site?

need to go into a branch

there is also a cheaper "dust and pollen" filter instead of the "odour and allergen filter"

Pricewise:

D&P - £12.94 5Q0 819 644 A
O&A - £22.46 5Q0 819 669

Capture

Reactions: Azz
Does it have to be changed afyer 2 years or can it be done at a later date ie 30 months /36 months..

Will. There be any issues if I don't 2 it at 2 years (now) ?

Does it have to be changed afyer 2 years or can it be done at a later date ie 30 months /36 months..

Will. There be any issues if I don't 2 it at 2 years (now) ?
Smells, bacteria build up and your blower will start getting strained cause of poor air flow.
For £10-20 I would just get it done, you will be surprised the amount of crap it sucks up. Did one in my golf after 10k and felt like half a tree was sucked in there.

They usually look horrible after some time. I found a lot of dead bees, wasps and flies alongside leaves, grass and acorns. It suprised me how much stuff got caught.

I always go for the Odour and Allergen one.

Also should be okay to fit myself right?
It's a five minute job.

Mann filters come with instructions anyway, but essentially, if your DIY skills extend to opening the glovebox, it's a doddle.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlS3BE
Just so happens that my car is in for its major servic today and needs the filter changed too. Audi's standard price is £42...

Just changed my cabin air filter (after 2 years) and it was absolutely disgusting. I will now change annually.

The original Audi part is made by Mann (as is the engine air filter that I also changed today). As far as I can tell the original Audi cabin filter is absolutely identical to the Mann Frecious Plus FP 26 009

IMG 2739
IMG 2740

Last edited:
I'm sure I seen a service related item post on here saying air filter change after 60k miles.

Is that the pollen filter above?

I'm sure I seen a service related item post on here saying air filter change after 60k miles.

Yes that's the pollen (cabin) filter from my car after 19,500 miles (2 years)

I changed mine to a Mann Frecious Plus, vents were emitting a bit of a smell before I changed it, it's absolutely fine with the new Mann one in.

I'd have thought you'd want to change your air filter more often than that.

No idea mate surely there's a time span for these changes.

Either yearly, 2 years etc or milage

I've heard it's recommended to do yearly but who knows.

Cabin filters cost so little and are so easy to do that I can't really see any reason not to change it every few months.

Wait for ECP or GSF to have one of their 60% off weekends and you can pick one up - a Mann - for not much more than a tenner. That's two or three pints and a couple of packets of cheese and onion.

Mine had just as much sh*t in it (as well as two dead bats and a hedgehog) after only ten months as the one in the photographs above.

And count yourselves lucky that it is so easy to change. Mrs Phutters has a Fiat 500 - don't ask - and changing the cabin filter in that is next to impossible.

For one thing, you need the flexibility of an oily gymnastic midget with double-jointed arms to get to the two bolts which hold the cover on, one of which can only be undone with a 5.5mm cranked ring spanner because the proximity of the steering column stops you using a socket and ratchet, even with a wobble drive.

Who in God's name keeps a 5.5mm cranked ring spanner in their toolkit?

It took me three quarters of an hour and I ended up barking all my knuckles and getting a wicked crick in my neck.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcwharam and Azz
I changed mine to a Mann Frecious Plus, vents were emitting a bit of a smell before I changed it, it's absolutely fine with the new Mann one in.[/QUOT
Cabin filters cost so little and are so easy to do that I can't really see any reason not to change it every few months.

Wait for ECP or GSF to have one of their 60% off weekends and you can pick one up - a Mann - for not much more than a tenner. That's two or three pints and a couple of packets of cheese and onion.

Mine had just as much sh*t in it (as well as two dead bats and a hedgehog) after only ten months as the one in the photographs above.

And count yourselves lucky that it is so easy to change. Mrs Phutters has a Fiat 500 - don't ask - and changing the cabin filter in that is next to impossible.

For one thing, you need the flexibility of an oily gymnastic midget with double-jointed arms to get to the two bolts which hold the cover on, one of which can only be undone with a 5.5mm cranked ring spanner because the proximity of the steering column stops you using a socket and ratchet, even with a wobble drive.

Who in God's name keeps a 5.5mm cranked ring spanner in their toolkit?

It took me three quarters of an hour and I ended up barking all my knuckles and getting a wicked crick in my neck.

Exactly, Eurocarparts have just had a 50% off air filters sale.............so I bought 3 Mann Frecious Plus cabin filters and an engine air filter.

Can you provide me the product /partnumbers to thecabin and air filter on ecp site.

My 66 S3 8v

b436a266e1188a7b1f1ac9e4fbeea03e.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Kayobong
why not just buy an oe one?

Can you provide me the product /partnumbers to thecabin and air filter on ecp site.

My 66 S3 8v

The OE Audi cabin/pollen filter is a Mann filter FP 26 009 (ECP part #507440599). ECP sometimes have 50% off offers so cheaper than buying a VAG marked part from Audi. You can see the Mann part number on the OE VAG filter I took out today (actually it's not that easy to read on the uneven surface).

IMG 4635

Reactions: Phutters
Nice one ordered with 35% code . £12

Excellent. If you need the ENGINE air filter as well the Audi part number is 5Q0129620B (Mann C30 005). It is very easy to change, you just need a Torx screwdriver. Mine was really quite dirty when I changed it.

Excellent. If you need the ENGINE air filter as well the Audi part number is 5Q0129620B (Mann C30 005). It is very easy to change, you just need a Torx screwdriver. Mine was really quite dirty when I changed it.
Whats the ecp part number?

Yeah, mine was pretty dirty, got a Bosch one for £12, probably going to change mine yearly since it's pretty cheap.

Just changed the pollen filter on mine 5 min job.

Looks be be same one as I bought.

One side was balck. The other was still green lol.

What difference will the filter make now

Just changed the pollen filter on mine 5 min job.

Looks be be same one as I bought.

One side was balck. The other was still green lol.

What difference will the filter make now

Air from the blower should be fresher and the fan won't be struggling to pull air through a clogged filter so there should be better air flow.

Just changed mine with the Mann Frecious from Amazon - as others have said its dead easy and quick - the YouTube video is recommended.

I think it’s quite sneaky of Audi to not have this as a service item if they recommend doing it every 24months. I note it is a service item for a Merc major service (B) - effectively Audi are reducing the advertised price of the service from what it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just changed mine with the Mann Frecious from Amazon - as others have said its dead easy and quick - the YouTube video is recommended.

I think it’s quite sneaky of Audi to not have this as a service item if they recommend doing it every 24months. I note it is a service item for a Merc major service (B) - effectively Audi are reducing the advertised price of the service from what it should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Probably Part of the £100 air con service which is an optional item.