1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Polishing and waxing

Delboy78 Oct 17, 2018

1. Delboy78

Delboy78 Member

Evening. Please excuse my lack of knowledge.
    My A3 has a few scratches and swirl marks. I have purchased
    Poor Boys Black Hope
    Poor Boys Polish and Sealant
    Poor Boys Nattys Wax (Blue)

Do I apply the black hole and then the wax or do I apply the black hole, the polish and sealant and then the wax

Cheers

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Team Brill Red Gold Supporter Audi A3

Polish - sealant - wax in that order

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tashfeen likes this.
  4. Delboy78

Delboy78 Member

Thanks pal. Will give it a go at the weekend. Normally just wash and wax

5. FranA3

FranA3 FMDETAILING Site Sponsor Team Brill Red Gold Supporter Audi A3

Black hole is pretty good at hiding swirls to a degree of course, sealant & wax will also mask swirls to a degree as well so should look a lot better after the three have been done

Tashfeen and Delboy78 like this.
  6. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Supercharged Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

Black hole is a filler and will only mask the swirls and imperfections, it won't correct them. It will just give paint the depth and shine.

Are you planning on correcting the paint or just hiding the problem? Also, you planning on applying by hand or using a polisher?

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  7. Delboy78

Delboy78 Member

Evening
    Planning on just trying to hide them and make the car look better. Would like to correct the issue bought have no experience
    Applying by hand as never used a polisher before and wouldn’t trust myself.. lol

Tashfeen likes this.
  8. Tashfeen

Tashfeen S4 - the smile per mile machine! Team Glacier TFSI Owners Group Team V6 VCDS Map User Supercharged Team Scuba Audi S4 Audi A3 Black Edition quattro

It is really easy to use a DA, you can't go wrong and won't screw up the paint . Correct it once and then just maintain it

9. Delboy78

Delboy78 Member

Which would you recommend

10. Tashfeen

I recently bought DAS 6 Pro Plus from another forum member here and it does such a brilliant job that I have already 5-6 cars with it in the last 3-4 months, most of them for my mates . It is a really good piece of kit and at a good price.

jassyo06 likes this.