1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Polisher. DS or rotary?

Ben85 Jan 23, 2017

1. Ben85

Ben85 Registered User

I've been looking a machine polishers. Is there much difference in finished between a DS and a normal rotary one? I know the DS is a little safer for not burning through the paint.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Raiden likes this.
  4. Ben85

Ben85 Registered User

Attached Files:

5. Scottyg

Scottyg Registered User

Agree with @Bristle Hound DA. Even professional detailers use them. With a Rotary and you're not experienced you could burn the paint. DAs head osolates therefore no damage done. I've had mine for 5 years or so and wouldn't be without it.
    Just remember, if you're taking out swirls or scratches use the least abrasive pad and compound combo to get the job done.

Ben85 likes this.
  6. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

i use a da, always start with a soft/medium pad and compound, if it doesn't work, step it up!

Ben85 likes this.
  7. Liber_A4_te

Liber_A4_te Registered User

Personally I use a Rotary T 1500 rpm and get amazing results. I think it's personal preference and an ability to learn. DAs are safer, and yes give you an introduction to machine polishing, but a Rotary gives better results. As long as you do your research, take things slow, listen to what the professionals say, anyone can use a Rotary. So many people are put off my scaremongering when it comes to a rotary.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben85 likes this.
  8. steeve

steeve Registered User

Incorrectly used you can burn through the paint with any polisher................

Liber_A4_te likes this.
  9. Liber_A4_te

Liber_A4_te Registered User

+1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RSS-S3 likes this.
  10. RSS-S3

RSS-S3 Registered User

11. Ben85

Ben85 Registered User

Seen the dodo juice DAS-6. Only going to be using it on my cars so think it should do the job.

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. RSS-S3

RSS-S3 Registered User

Ive got one and its great... perfect for a first machine...easy to use....good comfort whilst using it!

Although i use chemical guys hex logic pads !

Ben85 likes this.
  14. Daves1972

Daves1972 A4 2.0TFSI Black Edition

I've got both, a good DA is a great machine and definitely a bit safer as it won't generate as much heat.
    Probably safe to say with the rotary you need a bit more experience and I wouldn't recommend using one on
    Plastics such as bumpers because of the heat issue.

Ben85 likes this.