Polished Bliss: Brand new Golf MKV GTI

Clark@Polishedbliss

Professional Detailer
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Here's another one for you all!

This write up isnt as detailed as they usually are as we were against the clock for this one so we didnt get as many pics as i'd have liked, so apologies for that :eek:

This Golf was tag-teamed by Rich and I several weeks ago:

GTI.jpg

To cut a long story short, the car came from the dealers with some nice swirls and various scratches and in an attempt to correct this the dealers only made it worse, so they agreed to pay for us to correct the situation - not often that happens so well done to the owner! :thumb:

Wash:

- Pre foamed with Megs Hyper Wash
- Rinsed
- Foamed again and then washed with TBM & PB Slick & Sudz.
- Autosmart Tar & Glue remover on lower panels
- whole car clayed with Zymol Lehm Clay & Last Touch
- Rinsed
- Dried with the Leaf Blower

Polish:

Under the Halogens it was quite easy to see the defects, although it was slightly harder to capture them on camera due to the brightness of the paint, but this pic shows the average state of the paintwork:

Cgti.jpg

Paint readings showed an average of around 90-120 mircons, although there were more areas than i'd have liked that were sub-80 micron level, one area on the off side wing was in the 60's! this was taped off as i wasnt risking striking through on a brand new car, pretty unacceptable in my opinion though for a brand new car to have as little paint as this one did.

Firstly we tried out 106ff on a polishing pad but the paint seemed rather hard, harder than VW paint normally is, so we stepped up to Menz 3.02 and this did the job, although most panels needed 2 hits @1700rpm's to get them perfect.

This is the bonnet after polishing:

Cgtin.jpg

Tail light before:

Cgtih.jpg

Tail light after:

Cgtie.jpg

LSP of choice was Blackfire Wet Diamond as the owner wanted something quick and easy to use so he could maintain the finish himself :)
Misc. bits:

Wheels - Poorboys Wheel Sealant
Tyres - Blackfire Long Lasting Tyre Gel
Exhaust tips - Blackfire Fine Cut Metal Polish
Arches - these were fabric so they were left as they were.
Glass - Zymol HD Cleanse
Exterior Trim - Meguiars All Season Dressing (buffed off 15 mins later)
Door shuts - Jeffs Werkstatt Prime Strong

Again, apologies for lack of pics and the car looks a bit pink in some of them - mainly down to the fact i forgot to switch the halogens off for the afters and the white walls reflect light very well! :D

None the less, here's the afters:

Cgtia.jpg

Cgtib.jpg

Cgtic.jpg

Cgtid.jpg

Cgtif.jpg

Cgtig.jpg

Cgtii.jpg

Cgtij.jpg

Cgtik.jpg

Cgtil.jpg

Cgtim.jpg

Not the greatest write up or pics in the world but thought we'd share them with you anyways, again - thanks for looking :thumb:

good job lads - what the hell is the golf sitting in in the first pic:??

JGrant1285 said:
^^^^^A Changing mat?????????

Yet another top-notch detail!!!!

I wish i could get results like those!!

its a washing bay, the water is retained within and then pumped into a tank. They had to do it as part of the lease conditions or something like that.

Okay, water capture system. An inflatable bund is laid out and inflated using an electric air blower. The car is then moved onto the bund, ready for washing...

gti050607a.jpg

You then wash the car as normal, using whatever chemicals are needed (tar and glue removers, wheel cleaners, etc, are all okay to use)...

gti050607b.jpg

Then, once the car is fully washed, you drive it off, and fold the bund to a corner, to deepen the water. This then enables you to use a submersible pump to uplift it into a storage tank, like this...

gti050607c.jpg

gti050607d.jpg

Then, once every 3-4 months a tanker comes along and empties the storage tank, taking the dirty water away for treatment and safe recycling. Overall, using this gear adds 20 mins to the wash process, and cost around £2k all in, but it's good for the environment, a necessity under our lease, and easy enough to use on a daily basis. The bund rolls away and is stored in a plastic dustbin, so it doesn't rob us of too much storage space either.

:)

Nice finish there Clark.

I think the photos are actually quite good. It's just a wee bit strange not seeing the usual background that we've been accustomed to.

:icon_thumright:

Product choice through the Auto-Brite lances is irrelevant; all APCs, shampoos and degreasers foam like mad when applied using them. In the above case, Clark used just 2 x 30ml pumps of Megs Hyper Wash in the lance's bottle (filling the rest with hot water). And yes, compared to most other lances, the Auto-Brite ones do create a much thicker, clingier foam. :)

can this be fitted to any power hose? ( i have a crappy halfords one)

do you supply this autobrite lance?

how much are they?