Polished Bliss: A day out at the Audi dealership...

WX51TXR

Polished Bliss
Reaction score
Website
www.polishedbliss.co.uk
Done last week, written up by Clark (but posted by me because he's busy working on another A4 as we speak!)...

---

It feels like i say this at the start of every write up, but again - apologies for our lack of "attendance" on here recently, things have got stupidly busy at the moment and the 3 of us are struggling to keep up at times!

This brand new Limited Edition A6 was done at the Audi Dealership in Perth last week and given the full Zymöl treatment.

This is the car before we begain the wash stage:

Ca6b.jpg

First, the car was foamed with a strong solution of de-greaser in the Gilmour as there was no electricity available for the pressure washer across the road where we had to wash it :rolleyes: :

Ca6a.jpg

Luckily, the car was pretty much spotless so not having the pressure washer wasnt too much of an issue this time. I washed the car with the 2 bucket method while Rich Cleaned the wheels with a non-acidic wheel gel and Mf mitt, the spokes just big enough to get hands in to the inner rims :) It was then rinsed off and pat dried with Waffle Weave towels.

I then drove it back across to the forecourt and we used the leaf blower (much to the confusion of the Valeter across at the Jaguar garage :) ) to get rid of any remaining water:

Ca6.jpg

We were then allowed into one of the valeting bays and we closely inspected the paintwork with our L.E.D torches - amazingly, the paintwork was spot on, only 2 small scuffs and a light scratch on the tailgate which were all polished out by hand,what a bonus!! :)

So it was onto the HD Cleanse, applied and worked into the paintwork with a MF Pad and then followed up with the Vintage. We now apply this by applicator pad to the entire car and leave it for 5 or ten mins before buffing off, its effortless and results in no smears what so ever :thumb:

The glass/interior and all the usual details including the engine bay were cleaned and protected, with the alloys receiving Vintage,including all the way round the inner rims (it appears rich managed to apply this by hand very easily but i scraped my knuckles a few times on the disc guards buffing it off :rolleyes: :) )

The front bumper was left alone, not even HD Cleansed as the owner was having Armour-fend applied. So we handed the car over and went for lunch to give them time to fit the film,ready for us to apply the wax over it once finished :)

When we came back, the car still wasnt quite ready so we had a nosey at all the cars in the showroom, which to put it mildly were in appauling condition - including 2 R8's, one of which was a black demonstrator which was covered in buffer trails! :w00t: :rolleyes:

The car finally came back to us but straight away we were concerned about the quality of the armour fend application. It was already lifting on the edges, wasnt cut straight or evenly and to be honest it didnt even cover half the painted areas, so a quick call to the owner and he came down to have a look for himself. 5 minutes later and we were removing the film as the owner was like us and pretty unimpressed! So the front bumper was Cleansed and then Vintage'd, then wiped down with the rest of the car :)

After pics:

Ca6d.jpg

Ca6c.jpg

ca6e.jpg

Ca6f.jpg

Ca6g.jpg

Ca6h.jpg

Ca6i.jpg

Ca6j.jpg

Ca6l.jpg

Ca6k.jpg

Thanks for looking :icon_thumright:

Not sure! Wheels were 19" RS4 style jobbies, other than that not cure; owner just said it was a limited edition version, hence why he went for it!

WX51TXR said:
Not sure! Wheels were 19" RS4 style jobbies, other than that not cure; owner just said it was a limited edition version, hence why he went for it!

"Le Mans" limited edition - to celebrate Audi's wins at Le Mans with a diesel. It's basically an S-Line (sports seats & grille etc) but with 19" RS4 wheels, leather, metallic, heated seats, rear parking. I have one in phantom black (3.0 tdi) - luvverly!

Nice job by the way - and I know what you mean about swirls inflicted by dealerships.

You know my thoughts on the sportier A6s!
And with RS4 rims too. The Vintage sets it off truly well.

Not bad for an easy detail:)

The car now looks fantastic.