Polished Bliss®: A very special collection of cars.....

John @ PB

Reaction score
This is a write-up Clark put live yesterday; from here on, it's all his words.

This isn't a full write up as such as the time frame to get all these done was a bit crazy but I know some of you will appreciate these kind of cars as they're a bit different to the norm so I've got a collection of afters for you to see :)

This job basically came about after one of our contract customers passed on our details. The owner of these cars had a few select members of a local motoring club coming round for an evening and as a result he needed the cars looking a bit better than they currently were. With only a couple of days available and the cars looking a bit grubby (and covered in WD40 residue previously used to clean them!) the plan was to try and devote an equal amount of time to each one without getting too engrossed in every tiny detail otherwise I'd have been there for weeks! Believe it or not the majority of the cars are regularly used in the summer months :)

As you can imagine I used just about every product I have to hand on all these cars but the following is a pretty close basic process used for each car to get me going with extra bits here and there.

- Dusted down with Lambswool Duster.
- Fully QD'd.
- Auto Finesse Tripple applied to paintwork & wheels.
- Auto Finesse Crystal used to clean the glass.
- Werkstat Prime Strong on all chrome/brass work.
- Leather cleaned and fed with Swissvax products.
- Rubber seals fed with Swissvax Seal.
- Tyres dressed with Swissvax Pneu.

I should add that the pictures were all taken on my compact as Rich had the new SLR with him in Florida so apologies if the quality of some aren't quite up to the normal standards!

Ok so first up we have a 1945 MG TC:

D001.jpg

D002.jpg

D003.jpg

The owner was very particular about having the chrome work on the dash polished as it had tarnished slightly so Prime Strong was used there as well. Swissvax Wood Polish was used on the wood:

D004.jpg

Next up was a 1945 Split Screen Morris Minor:

D006.jpg

D005.jpg

D007.jpg

Next to the MM was a 1908 Talbot, it took a while to polish up the brass on this one:

D008.jpg

D009.jpg

D010.jpg

D011.jpg

D013.jpg

D012.jpg

D014.jpg

D015.jpg

D016.jpg

This one is known as a "White" and comes from the USA, as far as I can gather it's from 1905 and has a steam engine. I really grew to like this one as I worked away on it, it was so well built considering its age and is proper luxurious!

D018.jpg

D017.jpg

D019.jpg

D020.jpg

D021.jpg

D022.jpg

D023.jpg

D024.jpg

D026.jpg

D027.jpg

D025.jpg

Lurking behind the White was an absolute beast of a 1929 Bentley 4.5L, the chrome work came up beautifully again using Werkstat Prime Strong:

D038.jpg

D039.jpg

D037.jpg

D036.jpg

D034.jpg

D035.jpg

D033.jpg

D031.jpg

D032.jpg

D029.jpg

D030.jpg

D028.jpg

Reactions: Audi-Rog
Hiding behind the massive Bentley was a late 1920's Bugatti Type 37, Auto Finesse Metal Polish was given a good test on the various components and wheels on this one:

D040.jpg

D042.jpg

D043.jpg

D048.jpg

D047.jpg

D046.jpg

D049.jpg

D050.jpg

D045.jpg

D044.jpg

D041.jpg

All done :)

D051.jpg

I never had to touch this one (Although I did give it a going over with the Lambswool Duster before taking the pics) but I thought it was too good not to share :thumb:

D052.jpg

D053.jpg

D055.jpg

D054.jpg

Mileage?....

D056.jpg

And one final shot to show the size difference compared to the Bentley which I thought was rather comical, the headlight is about the same size as the mini's wheel!

D057.jpg

If anyone has any questions on what products were used for any parts of the cars etc then fire away as I obviously haven't listed every single product for every stage used.

Thanks for looking, I'm fully aware these won't be to everyone's taste but I thought they were pretty cool and I'm chuffed to bits I got to work on such a rare and valuable collection of motors :)

Reactions: Audi-Rog
Fabulous - thanks for sharing John - certainly not your average collection :)

Nice collection there. The cars look brand new. Cant have been driven much.

wow thats a stunning collection or rare rare cars thanks for sharing them with us john , bet thats a few quids worth eh lol

very unique collection tha millage on the mini is 1074 isnt it? my eyes dont seem to be working lol

Yes, 1,074. It's properly timewarp!

Nice collection there. The cars look brand new. Cant have been driven much.

Apart from the Mini, the cars are actually used quite often. Obviously not doing huge mileages but the owner does take them out on a regular basis through the summer months. I've even seen the Bugatti on track.....

John, thanks for sharing the fantastic pictures of the cars. They are all awesome.

Cheers guys!

(That's just some of the collection!)

What a great collection on cars, seems like a bit of everything. Love the dashboard on the MG TC..