Polish or wax

Tj 0785

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
My Paint looks like it could do with some love it's looking a bit dull Just wondering which polish and wax everyone uses before I get some

The poorboys stuff is quite good, you can normally get a pack on ebay of polish and wax, black hole for dark cars and white diamond for light cars with their natttys paste wax.

I use poor boys black hole (black s3) but I use collinite no 845 insulator wax! That stuff is f-ing awesome!

Clay bar the car before doing any such amount of work!

I use this after clay barring, then harly wax to seal... Seems good but have ordered some black hole to test :)
DSC 0919
FB IMG 1457016246015

Does help to have healthy paint... Mine begun to blister and the laquer is coming off. =\
Spray shop fix!
Red is a good colour to polish as doesn't show the streaks as much as black! =]

Paint is silver and in good (ish)??condition I have some clay bar ordered and will proberly go for poorboys Polish and the harly wax

What products to use depends on the colour of the car...

You might want to post that too

I used Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic on my silver S3 and its awesome but doesn't work so well on darker or solid colours... the Werkstat stuff has been replaced by Carlack which I have now started using and seems to have the same finish as the Werkstat stuff does...

<tuffty/>

Here's my silver A3 with Megs NXT wax topped with CarPro Reload. Reload is fantastic. Cheap and much easier to use that wax. Spray on wipe off. But as said, your paint will only look as good as your prep work. If you have minor swirls get them polished out with some kind of compound. The less abrasive to get the job done the better, preferably with a DA. I tend to use Megs Ultimate Compound on a finishing pad for minor swirls. Then add the wax/sealant or whatever you decide. A lot of guy over on the 8V forum using Gyeon products which give excellent results. Anyway, my car below with NXT topped with Reload.

What polish would you guys recommend for nogaro blue, poor boys black hole? Mine is full of bird sh*t marks

Yours does look mint tuffty it's going to take a lot of graft to get mine looking like that ha

I've recently tried power maxed typhon wax and was really impressed . Easy on and off and brilliant shine on top of poor boys black hole.

Heard lots if good things about meguiars ultimate compound , if working by hand. If using a machine then you probably already know what to use. Claying is a must if not done before, the G3 clay mitt is fantastic, super easy and quick to use, also available from halfords which is nice. Also heard good things about G3 wax. Fusso coat is also a good wax, technically a sealant but itll do the same job. But remember the polishing stage is where the finsh comes from, dont get me wrong a wax will improve it a bit but take the time to polish properly and thoroughly.

Ok, I'm old, but I've been a cutting and a polishing for soo many years I must have tried most products; but over the last 6-months with 3-Audi cars, one of which sits outside in all weathers, I use Poorboys Spray and Gloss; and I use it ALL over, windscreen glass and all; and a couple of micro-fibre cloths...
Poorboys Spray and Gloss

I can wash and polish the A2 in 45-minutes max, and that includes the glass and rubbers, wheels, etc:

P1000526mod

And I have had an experienced detailer volunteer to 'detail' my RS3 starting with the 'snowfoam' and the Dodo Juice Purple Haze and finishing with the Poorboys Show Glaze and whatever else inbetween; and after 12-hours plus to apply I was sure of one thing - it wasn't gonna happen again...

DETAILED 004

No, I use Poorboys Spray and Gloss ALL OVER on the 3-Audis I have - can do 'em all in an afternoon.... :yahoo:

What polish would you guys recommend for nogaro blue, poor boys black hole? Mine is full of bird sh*t marks
I have a Nogaro blue S3 too.

Deep clean and finish I wash, clay, apply Auto Finesse - Tripple All In One then Autoglym HD wax. Looks fantastic and lasts while.

Reactions: dusty
Superb looking car.
Just a question about the headlights: is there a black 'insert' around the edge of the headlight lens between the bumper and wing? If so is this a standard part or custom?

No insert... just headlights and bumper as per factory

<tuffty/>