Pm's

david. they are now called conversations in the new software. There is a envelope beside your name at top right of the page. Click and you will see your mail.

I thought as much, but wasn't sure when you could add more than one recipient. You could prob do that before, but never noticed.
Thanks
Dave

Reactions: Sandra
So, on this 'PM's' thread, please, how does one send a 'PM'?
Thank you.

Its called a conversation. go up to the top of the forum where your name is displayed at right hand side. you have an envelope symbol. click this and start a new conversation. Add a recipient, title, then type your message in large box, when finished click the start conversation button.

How many post do you need to have made before you can start a private conversation?

JG
You can do that from registration John. Do you have a problem with your private conversations?

Reactions: RS5 JON
You can do that from registration John. Do you have a problem with your private conversations?

Thanks Sandra, no mine are fine, was asking as someone I was talking to via the Forum didn't know. I can pm him now and get a reply.

Cheers :salute:

JG

Thanks Sandra, no mine are fine, was asking as someone I was talking to via the Forum didn't know. I can pm him now and get a reply.

Cheers :salute:

JG
No problem John :)

Reactions: 45bvtc and RS5 JON
david. they are now called conversations in the new software. There is a envelope beside your name at top right of the page. Click and you will see your mail.

How to you pm someone? cant find it anywhere.

How many posts / replies do you have to make until you can send a PM ?

Hello Sandra, I don't appear to have an envelope am I looking in the wrong place??
Thanks in advance
Dave

Upload 2021 3 3 14 34 14

I’m trying to work out why I can’t send PMs can anyone help please?

Ask Sandra, she sorted it out for me, I think it's something to do with the N° of posts you have made and then you get the option but worth having checked.

Reactions: Sandra
Same here, I have the envelope at the top-right of the screen but if I click on it it is just empty inside, I can't seem to find a button to PM someone - I have 40 posts, do I need more before it activates? Thanks.

You can send pm to any other user. Check your inbox for pm. Any issues let me know
Same issue here, I have the envelope at the top-right of the screen but if I click on it it is just empty inside, I can't seem to find a button to PM someone - I have 40 posts, do I need more before it activates? Thanks.

Same issue here, I have the envelope at the top-right of the screen but if I click on it it is just empty inside, I can't seem to find a button to PM someone - I have 40 posts, do I need more before it activates? Thanks.
Try sending a Pm now. Any issues let me know please

I have the envelope at the top right of th screen (says "you have no recent conversations" when I click on it) but for the life of me I cannot work out how to start a new conversation with another member. I've been using forums for 20 years, so it's baffling me. I assumed there was a post-count requirement (as I also cannot post/reply in the classifieds) but reading in this thread it's ~15 mosts, I have more than double that and I still can't see a "start new conversation" button anywhere

No change. Still no option to send/start a new message.conversation on the desktop site, and Tapatalk app gives me the same permission notice.
(just to be sure, I logged out of both and back in again)

No change. Still no option to send/start a new message.conversation on the desktop site, and Tapatalk app gives me the same permission notice.
(just to be sure, I logged out of both and back in again)
Try again Matt. Any issues let me know