plz give me some advice, first time detailing my car

hayhayc86

Reaction score
Bought my car in nano grey last week, while waiting for delivery, start looking into detailing and coating the car to give it a good start.

Plan:
good old 2 bucket wash
Dry
Meguiar clay set to do the claying
managed to get my hands on some gtechniq csl and exo from fleebay
will panel wipe and then csl overnight then a layer or two of exo

*** not sure what to do with the polish, original plan to do AG super resin polish but was told panel wipe will remove all the filler.... considering to use either angelwax perfect polish or gtechniq P1 for a hand polish...which one should i use?
As an amateur, am I being too ambitious?
Also don't have a garage so will be doing this in a shaded area...... might make my life difficult :S
Any suggestion regarding what I should do instead or advice is very welcomed!

Hi, I too do not have a garage so picked a nice weekend a few weeks back to give my sepang blue rs3 a quick hit with meguiars d300.
Used a da polishers took my time and corrected the best I could one panel at a time.
There are some deeper scratches but as this is my everything car not to overly bothered about ultimate perfection as it is also littered with stone chips on the front.
Each panel was wiped down with gtechniq panel wipe and coated with cqaurtz uk 3.0.
Anything is possible in life it’s just your own self that stops this from happening.
I say go for it mate, if I can do it then you can too.

I forgot to mention try not to do it on to windy of a day. Dust control is key for working outside mate.

Good luck

Reactions: NevMan
Thanks pinky I'll give that forum a try too. N dw81, good point on dust control. I'll either find a fd with a garage or just panel wipe a panel at a time to keep dust to a minimum. How easy do you find applying the coating?

Thanks pinky I'll give that forum a try too. N dw81, good point on dust control. I'll either find a fd with a garage or just panel wipe a panel at a time to keep dust to a minimum. How easy do you find applying the coating?

Piece of cake mate. The consumer ones are very easy and straightforward to do. It’s all in the prep mate.
The more prosumer ones flash within minutes where as cqaurtz will take around 8-10 minutes so you have plenty of time to buff off recheck your work. The key is to do each panel systematically and don’t try and do too much to start with.

ill try the bumper to start off with lol...worst come to worst the car will have a shiny behind n nth else

Reactions: NevMan