Please helpme with Clutch issue on -04 1.8TQ 190

rs_t

Reaction score
Hi guys!

I have a 2004 1.8TQ 190 6-speed. It's fitted with a Ko4 turbo and Stage 3 remap. The clutch started to slip a little, and I was tired with the vibrations of the dual mass flywheel. I contacted 034motorsport in US for a Clutch kit. They supplyed me with a kit including a solid mass flywheel.
Link to the kit: http://www.034motorsport.com/product_info.php?products_id=13298

The problem is that the kit just won't fit. I have mailed 034 and they say that the kit should fit for the 01A and 01E. Does anybody know which trans i got? because 034 now says :
I see, so you have the new style B6 6-speed, I'm not sure that
this kit you have will fit that, I know it will fit the 01E 6-speed
which I assumed you had when we talked originally, it looks like the
newer 6-speed is much thicker and that your slave cylinder is "popping"
as the new clutch kit is much too shallow. This kit may not work in
your car with this newer transmission.

Does anybody know of any supplier in uk who has a nice upgraded clutch kit for my car?

Anybody in here upgraded their clutch?

Please help me, as I'm stranded with no car at the moment...:notme::notme:

Have you contacted any Tuners like Awesome?Backdraft?
They will steer you in the right direction.
Nice set up though, bet it shifts dont it...

Interesting set up there, what kind of numbers are you getting? I'm not sure a K04 is a big enough jump from the 190's standard turbo so haven't taken the plunge.

I've never heard of the company you're dealing with, why not ECS or another of the more popular US suppliers? There are plenty of Yanks running uprated clutch/flywheels - Audizine, Audi Geeks & Audi World would be your best bet.

The gearbox code will be on the data sticker in the boot and service book.

BUB :thumbsup: