Please Help

Devonchev

Reaction score
Purchased a mint 2007 audi a4 convertible. 2.0t for a great price because the top opens and closes with a mind of its own. Now I can't open it. A light comes on saying something is not right. Please help how to over ride the light or close the top so I can take it to a dealer and diagnose sensors please.

Apologies if I'm in the wrong place, perhaps you could point me in right direction!

I have an Audi A4 Quattro petrol manual. Recently it has been completely losing power but so briefly it is hardly noticeable, the first few times I thought I was imagining it because as soon as it happened the car was back to normal. Last Thursday evening (it was dark so lights on) I was in second gear after setting off from parked having just dropped someone off. Engine completely died on me, foot to floor, nothing, then back to normal. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry I am not mechanically inclined and best to use this great site with amazing audi minds and customers in your own thread

Purchased a mint 2007 audi a4 convertible. 2.0t for a great price because the top opens and closes with a mind of its own. Now I can't open it. A light comes on saying something is not right. Please help how to over ride the light or close the top so I can take it to a dealer and diagnose sensors please.
Hi, there should be a compressor in boot to the left handside within the trim, there should be a screw that you can release the pressure to enable manual opening closing in the event of failure! Try this! On another note it could just need hydraulic fluid topped up in the compressor, you can do this yourself!
Hope this helps