Please Help Stereo Problem

Nigp007

Reaction score
Hey All

Sorry if been covered but I couldn't find any info on this.....

I've got a 57 S3 with standard sat nav + Bose...

I've noticed the sound seems to go duff every now and then.. Doesn't matter if on Radio CD Ipod or Sd card all the same.

It's almost like you loose the tweeters for a bit then it comes back really weird.

Would love to find out if this as happened to any other people before the Dealers get there hands on it.

I don't trust dealers they all seem pretty useless...

Thanks All.

Nige

God whatever you do do not take it to the dealer (unless still under warranty). They will just replace everything and charge you up to £1200 for the privilege. They know nothing about stereo's let alone Bose.
Is the problem related to temp? Does it appear worse first thing in the morning?
Is there any consistent reason for when it does it?

No temp problem.

I did about 200 mile trip and it's like when you used to drive through tunnels just fades out then back in. Doesn't seem to do it when on loud.

Just really Random.

Sounds like dry solder joints on the PCB in the amp, where loud play overcomes the resistance. The old 8L Bose amp is notorious for this problem. Either replace the amp (plenty on ebay) or resolder the larger joints on the PCB inside the amp.

If it's a volume thing then yes, but you said it sounded like the tweeters were going on/off. Audiopilot just adjusts volume not tone

Yes sorry it defiantly losses tone gets muffled....

Almost like you've put something over the speakers.

Thanks Buddy...

So where is the Amp and anybody got a product code for the amp..

Cheers all.