PLEASE HELP ME!!

S3 Johnny

The grass isn't always greener
Reaction score
Hi Guys
I was driving home from football last night which wasnt the best game, thought we was going to beat Milwall but they got one back to make it 1-1 in the 94min, oh well.
Anyway, was driving back with this ****** old man in front of me doing 35 in a 60 and couldnt overtake anywhere then he turned off, so i put my foot down abit to make up some time and thats when it happened, i know it wasnt right, lost must of the power and it was shaking abit, thought it was going to brake down :scared2:, the engine management light was flashing, so i drove back really slow, it was like a pipe popped off or slip.
Please HELP ME!
The bloodly car, i can feel myself falling out of love with it.
Hope someone can help

id go with what you said, hose, or a coil pack

got vagcom? when i sorted out a guys A3 the other week, cyl 3 logged 60 odd misfires in no time at all yet that coil pack produced a spark on idle. can drove badly though. juddering on practically any throttle input, very down on power

got vagcom? when i sorted out a guys A3 the other week, cyl 3 logged 60 odd misfires in no time at all yet that coil pack produced a spark on idle. can drove badly though. juddering on practically any throttle input, very down on power

No I havent got vagcom. When i was driving and put my foot down it felt like something popped off or blowoff should i say.

Well, best bet is to whip the front bumper off and have a good look round the pipework. When a hose has popped off it's normally pretty obvious.

My old A3 came back to see me with pretty much the exact same problem. Suspected coil failure. Only a problem under boost when a good spark is needed.

My friends car did this exact same thing when his intercooler pipe blew off! He's got a solid jubilee clip on it now and hasn't fallen off since. Hope you get it sorted bud. You'll be in love again once you've sorted the problem! :icon_thumright:

i blew a hose off yesterday, luckily was one of my upper boost hoses so easy to get to and fix

it does sound like what you are describing though mate, they do tend to work themselves loose over time, fingers crossed for you ;)

Pipe or coil pack, best bet is to vagcom it or if you have RAC/AA cover, get them out and they will do a scan on your car for you, which will identify the issue hopefully for you :)

Someone is having a look tomorrow, hope its a quick fix.

when you came to stop at lights or a junction and you didnt have your foot on the gas was it struggling to hold idle, ie dipping to the point where it almost stalled rising above 1000rpm and dipping back down again?

Yeah sounds like it mate but don't think its the coil pack tho

SORTED:o.k:, Shows how much i know:blush:, it was coil pack 1 that was down, it didnt feel the same as the last onethet went, Sorry Matt you was right:anbet:.
Just wait for this dust cloud to go now and i'll give her a good clean and get the love back :kissmyrings: