1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

Please help me understand the mentality of BMW drivers...

Dippy Feb 27, 2019

1. Dippy

Dippy Registered User

I came up behind a fairly new M4 on one of my favourite twisty 60mph limit roads. The driver only seemed to want to drive at 30mph and couldn't avoid crossing the centre line at corners so I resigned to have to just follow him. When we reached the end of the road and turned onto a stretch of straight 40mph limit road, the driver floored it and (I guess) exceeded the limit by a big margin.

Why would a driver behave like that?

Of course I eventually caught up with him when we had to follow other cars doing 30mph.

2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. LawrenceH

LawrenceH Registered User

Nothing to do with being a BMW driver, just an idiot.

Ghost likes this.
  4. razza1

razza1 Registered User

Not used to the power yet and scared he’d fishtail it maybe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DieselJake and desertstorm like this.
  5. DieselJake

DieselJake Well-Known Member VCDS Map User

Probably sending a text message on his phone.

6. Richard46

Richard46 Registered User

I have seen AUDI drivers do daft stuff too.

7. joinerman

joinerman Registered User

The other day I was cruising along as usual coming onto one of my motoways, which was very busy with inferior cars.
    First off, I couldn't believe that the volume of traffic DIDN'T slow down for me AT ALL as I came off the exit slip! I had to squeeze into a barely big enough gap between two cars in order to get onto my motorway!
    The driver of the car behind me did realise his mistake though and honked an apology to me with a long blast of his horn.
    Unbelievably, I had to do the same again before I could get to the BMW lane.
    Anyway, once I was in the BMW lane and posing along at 110 mph enjoying the adulation that the inferior car drivers were giving me, I noticed an inferior car ahead of me which was not only in the BMW lane of my motorway, but was driving at a ridiculous 70 mph!
    Naturally, I got within a foot or so of his rear bumper and flashed my headlights to remind him he shouldn't be in the BMW lane of my motorway and to get out of my way.
    Of course, once he realised it was a BMW behind him, he did just that, but I could hardly believe it when he pulled straight back out behind me!
    He also tried to keep up with me and when he realised I would out-run him, he put on some blue lights in his front grill and urged me to get onto the hard shoulder so that he could congratulate me on my excellent car.
    Needless to say, I was eager to oblige and when we had stopped, the man gave me a piece of paper confirming what I already knew - that my car goes fast!
    Apparently he wants everyone to know what a superior car I have, so I had to take my drivers licence to a police station to be sent away to have some points put on! (They're not free points either - they're £20 each and I was only allowed 3.) But the man at the police station said that because I drive a BMW, it won't be much longer before I earn the full 12 points, and then I won't even NEED a driving licence, so they will take it off me!
    See, now THAT'S the sort of respect you get when you own and drive a BMW!

Johnny 99, CarbonMike, V6_Man and 6 others like this.
  8. Alistair D

Alistair D Hey GOOOOD looking

[​IMG]
    Need I say more?

9. HARRIM00

HARRIM00 Registered User

Snap rps20190228_001353.jpg

I parked the Audi and she blocked me in with the BM. Lol

DieselJake likes this.
  10. Evil Derboy

Evil Derboy Registered User

I drive like just as big an a-hole in my Audi as I did in my BMW before it.

ArablueS3 and oli356 like this.
  11. V6_Man

V6_Man Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User

PMSL @joinerman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator

'Please help me understand the mentality of BMW drivers...'

Not just BMW drivers in my experience :(