PLEASE HELP!! Major problems 2007 audi a4 170 avant

bigmando

Reaction score
Hi all yes more major audi brd problems!!

Little bit of history: I have owned the car for a year and done around 5k in it, it now has 105k on the clock. When I bought it I had looked at a few and it seemed a genuine car with FSH.

I recently had the oil pump go, killing the engine and the turbo. I bought a recon engine with the new oil pump system fitted and refurbished turbo both from separate suppliers on e b a y and got a local garage to fit.

After getting the car back it felt better than it ever had, BUT my wife managed 80 miles in the car before the new turbo popped, we took it back to the garage and then had to get the turbo removed and the supplier replaced it as it was under warranty.

The new turbo has now been fitted but the garage can’t get it boosting correctly at low revs. The garage claim the problem is another dodgy turbo. I called and complained to the supplier who was good enough to come to see that which is 200miles away. The turbo supplier claimed that it was a back pressure problem and checked the dpf with his diagnostic kit which said it was 44% blocked. Would this amount of blockage cause a boosting issue?? The garaged had previously removed the dpf and said it was clean and took photos to prove.

The turbo supplier then did a dpf regen and car blew out some black smoke, following this the car seemed to drive perfect. He then told me to take the car out for a good 80 miles keeping the revs at 3000rpm to clean dpf out completely. I took the car out and when I stopped to fill up with diesel after around 60 miles of motorway driving the same problems with boost were back, in first gear the car would not boost at all, 2nd gear intermittent and above 3000rpm in all other gears seems fine. No DPF lights have come back on or engine management light but the no boosting at low revs is back.

Can someone please please help I am throwing money at a problem and cant get a straight answer out of anyone I feel that it will never be fixed, is it likely to be a dpf problem?? or another dodgy turbo??

Thanks

Lee