Please help.... lost power!!!

Mr Gav

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas why my recently stage 3 tuned S3 has lost its power. It just suddenly stopped performing but still drives and sounds ok but more like a normal car.

What do you mean?

If you are referring to my post above I'm watching to see if anyone post.

My recommendation would be to take it to the Performance Shop that performed the work.

I can tell you if it was mine I would NOT be messing around guessing at it !!!

Terry

Definitely I’m going straight back but obviously hoping it’s something simple. Was hoping someone would know something to put mind at rest.

Take it back to the place that done the upgraded, the simplest solution rather than trying to guess with no real information

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

any fault codes stored? (OBD2 dongle plus torque pro phone app will give you this information). Might be in limp mode which will hugely reduce the boost making it a bit slow. Its worth having the dongle and app for your own "free diagnostic" purposes. As above though you should be asking the tuners

Hopefully I’ve sorted it. I phoned the tuners and they suggested it might have blown a boost pipe off the turbo, which it had so I connected it back up earlier and going test it a bit later but sure it must have done the trick.
Like the sound of that app you mentioned, will check it out.

I was just about to say try looking at the charge/boost pipes I had a similar issue years ago.

Feels loads better now. Before it had a splutter at 5000 rpm but it’s gone now. Wonder if it was never on right and would that cause a splutter?

Feels loads better now. Before it had a splutter at 5000 rpm but it’s gone now. Wonder if it was never on right and would that cause a splutter?

I'm not attempting to come across to you in a negative manner.
It might actually be past time to locate a different Performance-Shop buddy.
And if your wondering this is a 74 year old male posting not a kid playing on his laptop.
I've been into cars since back in the mid 60's and especially High-Performance cars.
Example below,
https://www.gatewayclassiccars.com/NSH/608/2008-ford-mustang

Terry

Reactions: Damo S and MikeParkin
You are possibly right but I might be a sucker for punishment :crying:

Bet you are loving your new RS :hubbahubba:

Reactions: tigerhonaker
Enjoy your new ride Terry. When are you doing a moonshine late night delivery :whistle2:

From a spring chicken, as I an only 71

Enjoy your new ride Terry.
When are you doing a moonshine late night delivery :whistle2:

From a spring chicken, as I an only 71

Well Mr. 71 young man. :blow:

I doubt I'll be doing any Late-Night Moonshine runs :scared2:

But, I can say I am certainly looking forward to getting the Required Break-In miles on it as I would like to make a run to Frankfort, KY. USA where I'm from.
I live in Franklin, TN.
My remaining family is still located there.
It's a nice 3 1/2 to 4 hour run according to who I go visit.

:hi:
Terry