Please Help - BBS CK or BBS CH-R

brettp

Reaction score
I just wanted peoples opinion on wheels.... (yes another thread)

I have always loved the CK, I think ever since I saw a picture of (deckedS3??)

I may have the chance in buying a set of 2nd hand CK's couple of marks so I may powder coat or spray a slightly darker colour.

Or do I go for CH-R in anthracite.

Both wheels would be 19"

I don't want the car to look stupid and chavvy so opinions would be great please. The car is a Sepang blue S3.

Thanks for the quick response, I was hoping you would comment but feared you would say the CH-Rs too :sm4: I did have the same thought earlier in the week as the CKs have been around a long time haven't they?

Hmmmm oh what to do. :unsure:

When I first saw the ch r's I was like wow wld love those wheels. The cks I also like diff in grey though.

Cheers, You are swaying me at the minute N8!

Brett, Brett, Brett, N8 has been through more wheels than I've had hot dinners, so he's bound to go with the newer wheel! He'll hate them next week. My CK's would look the business! I'm not biased in any way obviously. :laugh:

Only funnin' gents! The CH-R's are very nice indeed I'll give you that; very similar in my mind to some of the VMR wheels, or is it that VMR have copied the CH-R's?

Anyway, your call at the end of the day. Maybe a couple of photoshops or comparison pics would help if someone has the time?

Last edited:
Ha Ha Cheers Rich, biased, you? :sm4: swaying towards the newer wheel, just seen the newer pictures of the black edition CHr on the Rimz thread.

Smoothie, yeah budget isn't endless and if I were being honest the Ch-rs would possibly be a little more than I want to spend but I feel that I have spent 30k on a car I don't want to ruin it with a dodgy set of wheels. I am coppering up at the moment to see if I can sell an organ or something.

No 19" BBS is dodgy lol I know what you mean, taking tyre's into it is mental moneys

Both wheels are stunning IMO, dude. I am on my second set of CK's, first ones were anthracite (which have now been discontinued) and now I have silver ones. I set myself a budget, so I would have money left over for other mods and that's why I went for CK's again. If I was willing to spend more on a set of wheels, I would definitely have gone for the CH R's as they are newer and fresher as the guys have already said. :)

Paula x

I look at the wheel cost and think, hmmm not bad but then the cost of tyres just makes me :(

Thanks Paula, I vowed no mods for this car but I have the itch again ha ha

CH-R ADL!! i want them so bad!! get a set so i can finally see what they look like! i wont be able to afford them for a while! :wub::icon_thumright:

Thanks Rye. I think im swaying towards them!

Dear Mr Bank Manager,

Please could you fix it for me.........

I've got a set of Anthracite CK's up for sale if your interested drop me a PM.
You can see them on my car in the for sale link in my sig :)

I've got a set of Anthracite CK's up for sale if your interested drop me a PM.
You can see them on my car in the for sale link in my sig :)

Thanks Tom, im good for sourcing a set of Cks but thanks

Cheers Ash, they are growing more and more on me, by the minute at the moment

I suppose Rich is right in away, there are a few sets of CKs for sale, they have been tried and tested so go with the CH-Rs, I'll dig out the pic of them on an RS4 avant when I get home :wub: I'm swaying my good friend to get them when he gives me his R8 to mod next month :wub:

Cheers Nate, much appreciated. Think that is going to be my decision.

Thinking of getting them in anthracite rather than the black edition, something a little different!

Don't forget the CH-R's are 8.5" rim width as opposed to 8" rim on CK's and so a 235 section tyre is best. This together with ET46/48 offset will mean slight rubbing.

The CK's are ET44 and just miss rubbing unless lowered heavily.

Just in case you wasn't aware and it affected your decision.

Oh god, nothing is ever easy is it. Just when I thought I was sorted. Thanks for the heads up Japper, is there a lot of rubbing? or do they only rub with a big drop?

Ive just spoken to Rimstyle and they have said that with a 225 or 235 tyre the CH-R's wont rub.

will the 225 tyre look really stretched with 8.5 rim?

225 will look great, just a little bit of stretch. I've 235s on my 19x8.5 wheels and would like a lil bit of stretch. I think i still prefer the CK to CH-R. CKs in smoked chrome would be mint....

Ah Nate, you replied whilst I was typing. Will they look really stretched or will they be ok? - You are replying too quick LOL

Thanks for all your help it is much appreciated.

Where is the credit card!

Last edited:
just get them Brett!! really looking forward to seeing this... i want the anthracite ones on my car like i want cheryl cole on my ****

Thanks Moag also, I really like the CKs and would get them darker but think that the CHs tip it over the last day or so

Rye man LOL your not helping ha ha

You guys are great but a really bad influence

Rye man LOL your not helping ha ha

You guys are great but a really bad influence

well listen if i hadnt just spent £800 on servicing & stupid Recaro wire things id be spending my own money on my car but i cant so im spending yours OK!!!!! :eyebrows::laugh:

ROFLMAO you have a good point, I feel like peer pressure. I vowed that I wouldnt do anything to this car, now wheels and I know as soon as I post a picture someone is going to say, where are the springs and then it snowballs.:p

ROFLMAO you have a good point, I feel like peer pressure. I vowed that I wouldnt do anything to this car, now wheels and I know as soon as I post a picture someone is going to say, where are the springs and then it snowballs.:p

dont even bother posting pics until you have springs too haha! :ninja:

only kidding but yeh, this place damages peoples Bank balances... Badly! i might open my own Audisport.net Credit card company... :idea:

Ha ha, does that mean that you will buy me the wheels and I can pay you back £10 a month for the rest of my life :yes:

It is a good idea, can I get a picture of my car on the credit card

Ha ha, does that mean that you will buy me the wheels and I can pay you back £10 a month for the rest of my life :yes:

It is a good idea, can I get a picture of my car on the credit card

yep extra ££ though! lol

CH-R newer fresher and most important thing--they are very light!!!