Please help :( a3 dsg gearbox, need a new 1

Chady

Reaction score
Hi guys
could any1 help me with this problem pretty please
ive got a A3 20tdi 2004 & it's DSG .....
i was doing 90mph when the gears dropped down & selected 2nd gear, had a guy to plug his lap top into my car & the megatronic unit is faulty. Witch is a commen fault I beleave :(
The car has been parked in the garage for ova a year because I couldn't find a gearbox to replace the old 1.....
The gearbox code is HLE!!!! Audi told me I've got to put a hle code bk in because all the ratio ect are different on other codes

I can't find a HLE gearbox anywhere :'(

Any1 got any helpfully information??

why have you posted it in here? should be in the 8p a3 section.

Is it the mechatronic unit you need which is merely the brains of the gearbox or the actual box itself. If the latter I feel you are better stripping the car for parts and scrapping it off

Hi guys
thanks murran I'll repost in the 8p A3 section if I don't get any joy on here

Igooch/ it's the mechatronic unit witch is faulty!!!!! Because I was traveling about 90mph the gearbox does whine abit but only when I'm leaving the engine slow the car down or when I free wheel down a hill but still in drive

Cant scrap coz I got anther 3 years to pay it off :(

There is a company I found who does recon mechatronic units as I was scared to death in buying a 2nd hand car with a DSG box. I bought a manual in the end as I heard too many stories about DSG issues. I will see if I can root them out and post a web link