Please Help A Few Problems With My Audi A3 2.0TDI BKD

Audi8PB7

Reaction score
Hello everyone

I have found a few problems with my Audi A3 8P
1. Safe Mode When Hit 70MPH
2.Clutch Pedal Sometimes Gets Stuck Down !!
3.is there anyway to unseize a throttle actuator flap ?

I have just taken off the intake manifold and egr, throttle actuator to clean all carbon out and is now spotless and has not solved anything I did think this would sort out the safe mode problem (I was wanting to clean it out as it was seriously caked well what you'd expect from a 200k Mile car lol)

A friend said it could be overboosing I personally have luckily have never had a car safe mode on me before and have never owned a turbo car before this A3

The spec is Audi A3 2.0tdi (140 BKD) Manual

Thanks any help is highly appreciated

Just had to happen 2 days before its MOT lol

Ok, so problem 1 could be, vacuum hose fail, turbo vanes stuck by carbon, causing overboost or perhaps a faulty map sensor. Try cleaning the turbo. Mr muscle method works pretty well. You could also try moving the actuator if you can't then that's likely to be your problem.

You will also need to clear the fault if it there all the time.

Problem two. You don't have a throttle actuator. There an egr valve and an anti shudder valve. Diesel engines are controlled by metering fuel rather than air. Honestly can't remember of I could move them! EGR's get binned off my engines.

If your clutch pedal is getting stuck down then it's either something physical with the pedal or hydraulics or the thrust bearing is sticking and the clutch is moving back very slowly, could also be a weak pressure plate. Sometimes people grease the thrust bearing it collects dirt and then jams.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your advice will be tackling those problems this weekend and I was thinking about deleting the EGR but would that then need a map ? (I have no clue about diesels and turbos lol)

To remove the light yes you would need a map, but it's only an advisory on an MOT not a fail.

by the chance you don t got on in settings the speed limit? on your odometer?
for throttle body, you need to check if the motor operating as should eventually check the loom and as last sort change it.
clutch pedal stuck down, mean you don't got the fluid in master cylinder, or you missing the spring from the back
"3.is there anyway to unseize a throttle actuator flap ?" <-- so it's not moving at all? anyway you can just pass with carb. cleaner or brake cleaner and some brush

Before someone corrects me, actually you don't need a map just turned off but while your there you may as well map