PLEASE HELP 1.8T AUM LIMP MODE 17705 CODE

popcorn543

Reaction score
Hello thank you for taking the time to give me a hand! I do appreciate all help.

Right to the car as the title says: Audi A3 1.8T AUM 51 plate (UK)

Problem: flat and no power you can hear a air noise between 2000 - 3000 rpm and then overcomes between 3000 - 4000 the noise is heard clear with the window down from the drivers side ( please note its right hand drive) and if you let off the throttle between 2000 - 3000 it does still dump.when you accelerate hard it hesitates and shudders until around 3000.

Code: when plugged in the only code shown is 17705 which is Pressure Drop between Turbo and Throttle Valve (check D.V.!)

Things tried: N75, N249, MAF , Smoke leak test no leaks found.

I think that's everything any questions please do ask id love to get this sorted

Thanks Again Guys

Any mods on the car ?

Have you checked the D.V to see if it's holding vacuum ?

also clean the throttle body and re-align using vag com to rule that out.

How did you check the n75 and n249 if you don't mind me asking ?

Jamie

This code is typically due to a known software fault (on std maps) and is typically mapped out when remapped... the trigger for this is when outside temps are 5degrees or less and this comes up as soft limp mode where you lose power... cycling the ignition clears limp but doesn't prevent it from happening again the next time you do a cold start..

If your car is mapped then this should have been mapped out..

If you have come back clean on air leaks etc then chances are its the software bug

<tuffty/>

It has a protune remap stage one and a aftermarket D.V due to the OEM one breaking which is a APR R1

Other than that its standard at the moment I did try a PVC Delete as I suspected one of them check valves but it didn't seem to make any difference so has been put back.

yes it is holding a vacuum. and I have just cleaned the throttle body again as I haven't done that a while and re-aligned it with another tool as I don't have a proper Vag com.

To be totally honest with you I didn't know how to check them but Ive read loads of forums about this code and quite a few suggested them to be a thing that often goes wrong so I changed them.

Ive been chasing this code for about a year now I would say but its got worse over time I feel. The sound sounds just like a air leak just its been smoke tested and Ive checked all the boost hoses nothing. It also only makes the noise if the car is under load if you rev it up it doesn't do it but if you drive it second gear 2000 - 3000 you can hear it at its worse.

Thank you for the reply!

This code is typically due to a known software fault (on std maps) and is typically mapped out when remapped... the trigger for this is when outside temps are 5degrees or less and this comes up as soft limp mode where you lose power... cycling the ignition clears limp but doesn't prevent it from happening again the next time you do a cold start..

If your car is mapped then this should have been mapped out..

If you have come back clean on air leaks etc then chances are its the software bug

<tuffty/>

Thanks for coming back to me your right when it goes in to complete limp mode which it does do sometimes I lose all turbo power and tbh it drives like a naturally aspirated then when I do a ignition cycle it does get its power up high between 3000 - 4000 but it still is flat between 2000 - 3000 and still makes that air leak noise. I would say it limps 2/10 start ups but when I restart it still does it that what I find weird.

Thanks