Please give me a round of applause.

I

imported_dukez

Hello folks, I'm new around these parts (kinda - I lurk, just decided to register now). /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I usually "kick-it" on AZine or AWorld dot coms. I already see some familiar nicks. Anyhow I own a 99 Volcano Black A4 1.8T Quattro with ECU upgrade. The car is a headache of problems. I like to kick the bumper in from time to time. It's already loose (from an accident) and wont pop back in properly, plus thats how I take my annoyance out on the car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/devil.gif It's the only car I have, so I just learn to love to hate it. Thank you for listening. I hope to share many more of my problems with you folks. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/beerchug.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dancing.gif

Welcome dukez!
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I remember you! I'm here a lot to read what the euro blokes are doing. It's a really good bunch of Audiphiles; the mood is good, too. (Except for a moment ago when I got pissy about a 16 year old know-it-all kid.)

What's been happening with your car?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Yeah I see this place is mostly Euro, which is good, I already found out some info that I couldnt get answered on any of the US based/populated sites. My car still runs, it just slow and needs to be tuned-up badly. And pretty much all of the common Audi problems you hear about, I've had with this car. I'll list a few to refreshen your memory:

Torn VAC lines
Leaking power steering
Bad Ignition Control AMP (on top of airbox)
Torn CV boots
CAT broke
Bad Control Arms?? (maybe - not sure) etc.

Plus I do most of the work on the car myself. It just pains me on how much a pain it is to work on an A4. But otherwise I'm still happy I even have a car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I'm going to keep it until its totally broken down (or until the engine blows up).

Hey... glad to know you get your fingers dirty and try to do the work yourself. The A4 isn't really that hard to work on, is it? It's not as easy as a Honda, but it's also not as complicated as a Saab or Jaguar!

BTW: The control arms are a regular issue with Audis - you're not alone with that problem.